All Big Boys Are NOT Equal

Clyde

I'm out of town and there's a Big Boy by my hotel. Sounded tasty as I haven't had one in a while. Called for carryout and the young lady asked "do you want the sauce?" Uh, yeah, it's a Big Boy, right?

Well, Frisch's has spoiled me. The "sauce" is Thousand Island. That's not a Big Boy!

Long live Frisch's!

I'm out of town and there's a Big Boy by my hotel. Sounded tasty as I haven't had one in a while. Called for carryout and the young lady asked "do you want the sauce?" Uh, yeah, it's a Big Boy, right?

Well, Frisch's has spoiled me. The "sauce" is Thousand Island. That's not a Big Boy!

Long live Frisch's!

Sounds like a Schoney's (sp?). I know they have a burger that looks like a big boy but has thousand island dressing.

If it's the same stuff they used to put on HoJo burgers, it was awesome. They use something similar to that at Buckhead's now. Good stuff.

That said, there's nothing like a Frisch's burger. You have to dine-in to get the effect though. If you get a Big Boy to go, it isn't even half as good -- don't know why.

Last time, I was at a Big Boy, and yes it is the last time I will eat at one of those slop houses, I ordered my old favorite fish sandwich. Sandwich arrives, I notice that the two huge pieces of fish that used to be served were not visible on the bun. Well., I go ahead and take a bite, and yes there was fish on the sandwich. Two fish sticks! However there was some mutilated lettuce on the sandwich. The kicker was, NO TARTAR SAUCE!! You kidding me? i hail the waiter and ask for some tartar sauce. Be right back with it was the response. Ok. everyone else is eating and I'm waiting for tartar sauce. No way I can choke that sandwich down without it. After a while my wife gets up, goes behind the counter into the kichen and returns promptly with two cups of tartar sauce. She tells me there like 30 sitting back there on a counter. Last but not least, the check. Yikes! We could have eaten at any of the chain eateries for less, and had a brew to boot. Never again Big Boy