Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ryle QB Conner Hempel to appear on Season 2 of the reality show, THE RIDE!

Featured Replies

  • Replies 55
  • Views 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since I had no clue what this show was about, I thought I would put the show concept on here for all to see. Sounds like a pretty neat idea. I will be tuned in. Good luck young Conner. I will be pulling for you boy.

 

 

The Ride is the story of 8, under the radar high-school quarterbacks fighting for a spot in the U.S. Army All-American Bowl and a chance at a Division 1 scholarship.

 

These 8 underdogs will go through a grueling process in which every move they make is scrutinized by the top coaches in the nation, as they attempt to show that the only thing separating them from a Division 1 scholarship is the chance to prove what they can do.

 

When it's all said and done, only one quarterback will remain standing and play alongside the very best players in the nation at the US Army All American Bowl, in front of an audience of millions on network television. Emotions will run high, passions deep, as everything is put on the line for The Ride.

Congrats to Conner and his family! It's going to be exciting to follow Conner's accomplishments on this show. It will be shown on Insight channel 808 (MTV2). You can buy this channel as part of a premium package for $10 a month and can cancel at any time.

 

Conner was originally approached by the show's producers while participating in the National Underclassmen Combine in San Antonio in January. Filming of the show began during the summer camp session. The series is about eight “under the radar” high school quarterbacks from across the country who received intense training and special coaching this past summer as they competed for the last roster spot in the U.S. Army All-American Bowl in January, 2011. The QB’s are eliminated a la a “Survivor” type competition. The winner of Season 1 of "The Ride" ended up being the MVP of last year's game.

 

I know that a major part of the decision he and his family made to participate in the show was the opportunity to bring some recognition to the great football tradition in Northern Kentucky and let the country know there are some top-notch football athletes in this area. I know his dad would actually have preferred that it not start now and distract in any way from Ryle's playoff run, which is why he has said very little about this to anyone. But obviously he didn't control the show's schedule and it all starts this Saturday night. Conner is going to represent himself, his family, Ryle, and NKY football very well. It really couldn't have happened to a nicer kid. Best of luck to him!

 

Oh, I hear Rich (his dad) will be sporting some very cool Ryle polos during interviews of him that will appear on the show. The guy has impeccable fashion taste! (inside joke)

Edited by cooperstown

Wow, that is pretty cool. Good luck Conner!!

I wish him good luck to bad they didn't put the best QB in NKY on there.

This is great, wish I had that channel. Let us know how it goes.

I wish him good luck to bad they didn't put the best QB in NKY on there.

 

Conner went to a ton of camps. I am assuming that is how he got picked to be on the show..If Mr. Lawerence wasn't on the circuit then he probably wasn't seen as much as Conner..

I wish him good luck to bad they didn't put the best QB in NKY on there.

 

I am not going to knock the kid you are refering to because he is an excellent high school QB. However, you may need to educate yourself on some things required to recieve a D1 scholarship offer at the QB position.

I am not going to knock the kid you are refering to because he is an excellent high school QB. However, you may need to educate yourself on some things required to recieve a D1 scholarship offer at the QB position.

 

Why do you bother to respond? He's having a tough enough year as it is with all the love for Ryle happening.

At this point I think it's once again a good time to remind people of the "block" feature. It's made my reading of threads much more enjoyable.

 

This PSA has been brought to you buy "Dude who wants to read mature responses."

Conner went to a ton of camps. I am assuming that is how he got picked to be on the show..If Mr. Lawerence wasn't on the circuit then he probably wasn't seen as much as Conner..

 

Indeed it was. Once again goes to show that recruiting at the D1 level primarily occurs through camps, combines, showcases, and personal visits. Building up huge stats - or not building up huge stats, for that matter - has very little impact on D1 recruiting.

  • Author
I wish him good luck to bad they didn't put the best QB in NKY on there.

 

You're his agent. Why didn't you make it happen? I know you have "Juice" in the High School Football circles. I can't believe you dropped the ball on this one!

I would assume that all 8 participants in "The Ride" attended FBU since the founder of FBU started the Army All-American game. I think they are all tied into one another, meaning FBU, the television show and the Army game. Did Conner attend FBU? I know FBU (Football University) has been discussed on BGP previously.

Congrats to Connor and his family and good luck!

 

P.S. We feel Connor represents central KY as well since that's where is dad Rich is from.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.