Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ashland

Featured Replies

i personally think Darrel mahan will make all state next year. He has all around talent and could even lead them to a state title. but there only chance is if darrel is QB hes awesome But kinda fat

  • Replies 105
  • Views 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...IMO it will make little difference which QB has the better arm....It will matter which "football player" makes the better decisions.

An excellent point, Onetoya.

 

Not long ago, I heard a very wise coach make the statement one time - "As I get older, the more I think that the single best trait a quarterback can have, is the ability to make good decisions - even more important than the ability to throw".

 

Frances

 

PS - that coach is in the Hall of Fame.

i personally think Darrel mahan will make all state next year. He has all around talent and could even lead them to a state title. but there only chance is if darrel is QB hes awesome But kinda fat

Its probably happened before but for a person that didnt even start the year before and then go out the next year and make all state. I hope your right about him but I didnt see any of that this year. :laugh:

i personally think Darrel mahan will make all state next year. He has all around talent and could even lead them to a state title. but there only chance is if darrel is QB hes awesome But kinda fat

 

 

 

:confused:

i personally think Darrel mahan will make all state next year. He has all around talent and could even lead them to a state title. but there only chance is if darrel is QB hes awesome But kinda fat

 

Your obviously kidding :irked:

 

Both of the players mentioned have strengths but, I can guarantee that the coaching staff will put the best players on the field.

 

To be honest it would be great to have another 2 year starter at QB for the Tomcats, but those are some pretty lofty expectations T7. Especially since the other QB has already started as the Ashland QB in 2004. Don't get me wrong Ashland should be happy that Darrel is here, but he'll have to earn his playing time. :thumb:

Sorry bout that guys, that wasnt me who posted that, someone must have gotten on my name! sorry.

What does the Tomcat nation think of this: Matt Thomas at QB and we run the option with Davis and Neathercut as backs. Drew at TE.

Matt used to play QB freshman year, even though he was 2nd string he was pretty solid. Throws a good ball.

The kid from Greenup might take over at QB

Frances

 

Explain Frances, this could be an interesting subject :thumb:

 

A kid from another school? :confused:

Explain Frances, this could be an interesting subject :thumb:

 

A kid from another school? :confused:

 

His last name is Mahan, and I believe he came to Ashland at the end of his eighth grade year. I'm not certain, and I'm sure that there are other Ashland fans that can give you more info on what the circumstances were.

 

I don't know if his family moved from Greenup to Ashland, or anything else - I just know that he was in Greenup prior to coming to Ashland.

 

Sorry I can't give you more of a "scoop", CountyPride.

 

Frances

  • Author
What does the Tomcat nation think of this: Matt Thomas at QB and we run the option with Davis and Neathercut as backs. Drew at TE.

I LOVE that idea. :ylsuper:

 

Mahan is working hard and Drew has the talent, if I see Matt there it will be a slight surprize but after this season, anything can happen.

His last name is Mahan, and I believe he came to Ashland at the end of his eighth grade year. I'm not certain, and I'm sure that there are other Ashland fans that can give you more info on what the circumstances were.

 

I don't know if his family moved from Greenup to Ashland, or anything else - I just know that he was in Greenup prior to coming to Ashland.

 

Sorry I can't give you more of a "scoop", CountyPride.

 

Frances

Mahan moved from Greenup to Ashland in the middle of may, and was enrolled at Blazer the last day of school for him, he really likes Ashland he says! :dancingpa

I don't think anyone would EVER see Thomas at QB, even know he has good speed, IMO, just a great back an soon to develop from the beatings he's took this season!

I see Matt doing some damage next football season!

Mahan moved from Greenup to Ashland in the middle of may, and was enrolled at Blazer the last day of school for him, he really likes Ashland he says!

 

There you go, County Pride. It didn't take long for one of the faithful to give us the inside story... :thumb:

 

Frances

There you go, County Pride. It didn't take long for one of the faithful to give us the inside story... :thumb:

 

Frances

 

Well, this inside story might be coming from closer to in inside that most might think.... :rolleyes:

 

We're glad that Mahan is here, but give us a break Tomcats7 :rolleyes:

 

The kid has done ZERO to impress the coaching staff other than he backed-up Ian this year in the Mop Up jobs...I really don't think he would have started if Ian was hurt..... But McDavid did a year ago!

 

Mahan needs to grow up this off-season before he will NEVER lead the TOMCATS down the steps...........

 

The kid has a cannon, but that will make no difference...TRUST ME :D

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.