Ashland

tomcat44

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...IMO it will make little difference which QB has the better arm....It will matter which "football player" makes the better decisions.

An excellent point, Onetoya.

Not long ago, I heard a very wise coach make the statement one time - "As I get older, the more I think that the single best trait a quarterback can have, is the ability to make good decisions - even more important than the ability to throw".

Frances

PS - that coach is in the Hall of Fame.

i personally think Darrel mahan will make all state next year. He has all around talent and could even lead them to a state title. but there only chance is if darrel is QB hes awesome But kinda fat

Its probably happened before but for a person that didnt even start the year before and then go out the next year and make all state. I hope your right about him but I didnt see any of that this year. :laugh:

i personally think Darrel mahan will make all state next year. He has all around talent and could even lead them to a state title. but there only chance is if darrel is QB hes awesome But kinda fat

:confused:

Your obviously kidding :irked:

Both of the players mentioned have strengths but, I can guarantee that the coaching staff will put the best players on the field.

To be honest it would be great to have another 2 year starter at QB for the Tomcats, but those are some pretty lofty expectations T7. Especially since the other QB has already started as the Ashland QB in 2004. Don't get me wrong Ashland should be happy that Darrel is here, but he'll have to earn his playing time. :thumb:

Explain Frances, this could be an interesting subject :thumb:

A kid from another school? :confused:

His last name is Mahan, and I believe he came to Ashland at the end of his eighth grade year. I'm not certain, and I'm sure that there are other Ashland fans that can give you more info on what the circumstances were.

I don't know if his family moved from Greenup to Ashland, or anything else - I just know that he was in Greenup prior to coming to Ashland.

Sorry I can't give you more of a "scoop", CountyPride.

Frances

What does the Tomcat nation think of this: Matt Thomas at QB and we run the option with Davis and Neathercut as backs. Drew at TE.

I LOVE that idea. :ylsuper:

Mahan is working hard and Drew has the talent, if I see Matt there it will be a slight surprize but after this season, anything can happen.

His last name is Mahan, and I believe he came to Ashland at the end of his eighth grade year. I'm not certain, and I'm sure that there are other Ashland fans that can give you more info on what the circumstances were.

I don't know if his family moved from Greenup to Ashland, or anything else - I just know that he was in Greenup prior to coming to Ashland.

Sorry I can't give you more of a "scoop", CountyPride.

Frances

Mahan moved from Greenup to Ashland in the middle of may, and was enrolled at Blazer the last day of school for him, he really likes Ashland he says! :dancingpa

There you go, County Pride. It didn't take long for one of the faithful to give us the inside story... :thumb:

Frances

Well, this inside story might be coming from closer to in inside that most might think.... :rolleyes:

We're glad that Mahan is here, but give us a break Tomcats7 :rolleyes:

The kid has done ZERO to impress the coaching staff other than he backed-up Ian this year in the Mop Up jobs...I really don't think he would have started if Ian was hurt..... But McDavid did a year ago!

Mahan needs to grow up this off-season before he will NEVER lead the TOMCATS down the steps...........

The kid has a cannon, but that will make no difference...TRUST ME :D