Ashland

tomcat44

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With regard to McDavid, I believe I prefer him moving to a more prominant role on offense as a quarterback, running back, etc. He is without a doubt one of top, if not the top, athletes on the team. It seems like the ball will need to be in his hands a lot more next year for AHS to maximize their success and I don't think that can happen with DM as a receiver. The 'Cats could afford him to play a secondary role this year with Holbrook as the clear star performer. I think for him to be a receiver and touch the ball only 3 or 4 times a game would be a big mistake.

I see the two switching in and out, Mahan will not take all the snap's from the center, and i feel Drew will not either. If Ian really works with Darrell and he takes him serious it could be a huge help to the Ashland program!!! ;)

Those programs & their fans know who they are ;)

Cheers, Woody Jr

This horse has beat beaten to death, but some programs don't have a choice about there schedule. To claim they "refuse" to play Iroton or imply they are afraid to play Ironton is a bit much.

But I guess that makes you feel better about losing 15 years in a row to them...or whatever that number happens to be now days.

It makes it tough when a AAA school gets beat by a AA school doesnt it. So when should we start refusing to play all AAA schools since we are scared of playing quality teams. Thats a bunch of crap ! Playing quality teams is blessing when you are forced to play 7 of your 10 games in district. Russell does not measure itself against Ironton like some do we look at a quality school like Ashland to play. Always tough, always a rivalry and always a great game. The fans are good to us and we enjoy the tradition of playing each other.

PLaying Ashland is a measuring stick and you should be PROUD of your tradition at Ashland.

Dont complain about other schools not playing Ironton, take pride in the fact that other schools look at Ashland as their test. That to me as a TOMCAT is the sign of tradition and respect.

If darrell mahan is to start at QB then he is going to need ALOT of work. He might have a strong arm but he is not very accurate. I see the tomcats going with Drew Mcdavid at QB. He is just a natural athlete who can make things happen. He can pass the ball, run the ball, whatever you want him to do. I also know that Drew is a born leader. The players respect and will listen to Drew. The QB is like the coach on the field, he has to keep his players focused, and i know drew can do that.

If darrell mahan is to start at QB then he is going to need ALOT of work. He might have a strong arm but he is not very accurate. I see the tomcats going with Drew Mcdavid at QB. He is just a natural athlete who can make things happen. He can pass the ball, run the ball, whatever you want him to do. I also know that Drew is a born leader. The players respect and will listen to Drew. The QB is like the coach on the field, he has to keep his players focused, and i know drew can do that.

McDavid doesnt have a really good arm, he was born to catch it IMO.

But good predictions about this, we'll just have to see who is starting when the season comes back around. :thumb:

McDavid doesnt have a really good arm, he was born to catch it IMO.

But good predictions about this, we'll just have to see who is starting when the season comes back around. :thumb:

Drew might not have the strongest arm, but he has some great accuracy. He always seems to put it where only his recievers can get it. I'm sure he will be working on his arm strength in the offseason too. IMO he was born to be QB. I watched him 7th to his freshmen year play QB and i knew he would be a Great highschool QB. He is comfortable in the pocket. he trusts his line to block for him and will stay in the pocket as long as it takes for his WR's to get open. And if none do get open he can turn on those afterburners of his and burn everyone downfield.

Mahan on the other hand always seemed too antsy in the pocket. and some plays he just seemed to throw the ball up there and hope that one of our players brought it down. Most of the time though it was the other team making the catch.

Drew might not have the strongest arm, but he has some great accuracy. He always seems to put it where only his recievers can get it. I'm sure he will be working on his arm strength in the offseason too. IMO he was born to be QB. I watched him 7th to his freshmen year play QB and i knew he would be a Great highschool QB. He is comfortable in the pocket. he trusts his line to block for him and will stay in the pocket as long as it takes for his WR's to get open. And if none do get open he can turn on those afterburners of his and burn everyone downfield.

Mahan on the other hand always seemed too antsy in the pocket. and some plays he just seemed to throw the ball up there and hope that one of our players brought it down. Most of the time though it was the other team making the catch.

Well, if Mahan had more time in the pocket this season most of them pics wouldnt have been throw. Thats why in the off-season he saids hes going to practice on getting ready, and throwing with ian .

This horse has beat beaten to death, but some programs don't have a choice about there schedule. To claim they "refuse" to play Iroton or imply they are afraid to play Ironton is a bit much.

Not sure where you went, or is it still going to school?

I didnt single out or insinuate any particular school or program. This is an Ashland thread & someone brought up the fact we werent playing Ironton - I tried to clarify that situation and asked about another aspect of the Ashland/Ironton matchup. It's no big deal for us Ashland fans because we know who can & cant schedule particular teams certain years - and who refuses to schedule them or ANY other tough team that doesn't adjoin their school district boundary for years, and years, and years, .... REGARDLESS of district requirements. Personally, I just like seeing good teams & programs - has no bearing on whether my team wins or loses the game. The competition is the fun part - although I believe we probably have as many or more championship trophies as anyone around here. I guess some folks would consider that the measuring stick rather than regular season games against any team.

If I had been trying to rattle your cage I would have come over on your thread and done so very plainly. I would have asked schools the last time they scheduled a perennially tough team when not required to do so.

Woody Jr

What some people do not understand here is that Hart's offense can adjust to the skill level of his players. IMO it will make little difference which QB has the better arm....It will matter which "football player" makes the better decisions. The offense that is place can utilize either the run (option and formation checks) or the pass with pre and post snap reads. Both are equally hard and like some have said we "will" see.

ACE

How do you know McDavid would only touch it 3 or 4 times a game??

I don't. But my guess is that there will be games, as there were this year, where he will make less than 5 catches. Nothing complicated, I just hope the staff devises a plan, and I think they will, where it's in his hand at least 10+ times a game. Maybe it won't be as quarterback, but accasionally as a runner, end around, etc.

I don't. But my guess is that there will be games, as there were this year, where he will make less than 5 catches. Nothing complicated, I just hope the staff devises a plan, and I think they will, where it's in his hand at least 10+ times a game. Maybe it won't be as quarterback, but accasionally as a runner, end around, etc.

I would be disappointed if he only touches it 10+ times a game