Ashland

tomcat44

This horse has beat beaten to death, but some programs don't have a choice about there schedule. To claim they "refuse" to play Iroton or imply they are afraid to play Ironton is a bit much.

Not sure where you went, or is it still going to school?

I didnt single out or insinuate any particular school or program. This is an Ashland thread & someone brought up the fact we werent playing Ironton - I tried to clarify that situation and asked about another aspect of the Ashland/Ironton matchup. It's no big deal for us Ashland fans because we know who can & cant schedule particular teams certain years - and who refuses to schedule them or ANY other tough team that doesn't adjoin their school district boundary for years, and years, and years, .... REGARDLESS of district requirements. Personally, I just like seeing good teams & programs - has no bearing on whether my team wins or loses the game. The competition is the fun part - although I believe we probably have as many or more championship trophies as anyone around here. I guess some folks would consider that the measuring stick rather than regular season games against any team.

If I had been trying to rattle your cage I would have come over on your thread and done so very plainly. I would have asked schools the last time they scheduled a perennially tough team when not required to do so.

Woody Jr

:rolleyes:

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:rolleyes:

I want to be sure that I understand your post, FBALL. You "quoted" the entire post by Woody, simply to point out one typographical error, and one grammatical misstep? Is that correct?

If so, I simply do not understand. This site is riddled with people that have grammatical errors, and the best typists in the world commit typos.

I just don't "get it".

Frances

I want to be sure that I understand your post, FBALL. You "quoted" the entire post by Woody, simply to point out one typographical error, and one grammatical misstep? Is that correct?

If so, I simply do not understand. This site is riddled with people that have grammatical errors, and the best typists in the world commit typos.

I just don't "get it".

Frances

No

:rolleyes: We can play this all day.

Just out of curiosity, I visited FBALL's Public Profile page, and scrolled down through the "View all of FBALL's posts".

In the last 15 or so posts, I found at least five grammatical or typographical errors. I won't waste the time to show (and correct) them here.

The truth is, absolutely no one on this site (or any other site on the World Wide Web) is free of these types of errors.

Pathetic.

Frances

Just out of curiosity, I visited FBALL's Public Profile page, and scrolled down through the "View all of FBALL's posts".

In the last 15 or so posts, I found at least five grammatical or typographical errors. I won't waste the time to show (and correct) them here.

The truth is, absolutely no one on this site (or any other site on the World Wide Web) is free of these types of errors.

Pathetic.

Frances

:laugh:

Pathetic.

Frances

Thanks for caring.

Thanks for caring.

Not bad - another thread hijacked, and headed for a premature closing. At some point, some of the people in power on this site are going to take notice of the "trend" that follows your posts. I can't speak for them, but if (and when) the hammer falls, I'm sure there won't be many tears shed.

Back to the topic of the thread -

I think ACE has a legitimate point, in hoping that McDavid gets an ample number of touches each game. I'm also certain that the coaching staff will find a variety of ways to utilize his athleticism, and incorporate him into the offensive scheme each week. It may well turn out to be a mixture of using him as a QB, WR, and even a "Utility Back", not unlike many of the teams in the NFL do with players that have such a diverse skill set.

Frances

Not bad - another thread hijacked, and headed for a premature closing. At some point, some of the people in power on this site are going to take notice of the "trend" that follows your posts. I can't speak for them, but if (and when) the hammer falls, I'm sure there won't be many tears shed.

Back to the topic of the thread -

I think ACE has a legitimate point, in hoping that McDavid gets an ample number of touches each game. I'm also certain that the coaching staff will find a variety of ways to utilize his athleticism, and incorporate him into the offensive scheme each week. It may well turn out to be a mixture of using him as a QB, WR, and even a "Utility Back", not unlike many of the teams in the NFL do with players that have such a diverse skill set.

Frances

Well said, I was trying to think of that "utility back" phrase but couldn't come up with it. :thumb:

Frances

I have not violated any rules or personally attacked anyone on this thread.

What some people do not understand here is that Hart's offense can adjust to the skill level of his players. IMO it will make little difference which QB has the better arm....It will matter which "football player" makes the better decisions. The offense that is place can utilize either the run (option and formation checks) or the pass with pre and post snap reads. Both are equally hard and like some have said we "will" see.

I agree. The decision making and mental aspect of being a QB will be what separates one from the other.