Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Any Advice?

Featured Replies

Are the schools showing interest DIII schools?

  • Replies 48
  • Views 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Take up residence at another school district. I'am sure that if this coach was forced to take her that it would be more miserable than being cut. Check with the khsaa about eligibility.

Edited by jetcat54

I did tell this to the AD but he still agreed with the coach. The school is fairly new. There is some talent on the team but they have yet to have a winning season. I took all of the letters from the colleges and copies of emails from the college coaches to this meeting and the AD only thumbed through them but would not look at them. Another post asked if academics were an issue. No' date=' they are not. And Bearcat, I agree with you, it is a shame and very sad that a school can do this to a child[/quote']

 

Unless you're willing to post your daughter's name and school (which I wouldn't if I were you) I'm going to have to side with the coach who is there everyday and looking at the team.

I thought he was cut his freshman year of high school?

 

One of the great b-ball myths. ColonelCrazy has the correct story.

The biggest problem that I have with this is that if the young lady was with the program Freshman through Junior year. IMO, she should not get cut for the Senior year. Especially if she was rewarded with "most improved JV" award. Makes no sense!!!!

The biggest problem that I have with this is that if the young lady was with the program Freshman through Junior year. IMO, she should not get cut for the Senior year. Especially if she was rewarded with "most improved JV" award. Makes no sense!!!!

 

That's a fair argument. Even if she wasn't in your plans it hurts no one to have her on the team.

Go over the AD's head. My kid got injured his senior year, missed the whole season, Soccer. But his past was taped and that helped. Be honest with the colleges and just put it to them. Let us know how it turns out.

The biggest problem that I have with this is that if the young lady was with the program Freshman through Junior year. IMO, she should not get cut for the Senior year. Especially if she was rewarded with "most improved JV" award. Makes no sense!!!!

 

 

This is why some programs do not play Juniors on JV. If a Junior is not Varsity only it creates problems when they become Seniors.

Are the schools showing interest DIII schools?

Second request for the colleges involved. I think I know where you may be going with the DIII question.

Second request for the colleges involved. I think I know where you may be going with the DIII question.

 

What's the difference if it is DIII schools? Just wondering.

There are some athletic opportunities at D III institutions for athletes that would not be considered at DII, and especially DI programs. There is no financial windfall for these opportunities. For some this is a good scenario, and others not so good. I don't think we know enough about this particular situation to pass any kind of judgement.

Edited by malachicrunch

  • Author
Are the schools showing interest DIII schools?

 

All of the schools that she is talking to and setting up visits with now are DII and DIII. A few DI schools have watched her but none have contacted her so far.

No NAIA schools showing any interest?

Be honest with the Colleges looking at her . Ask them what they like about your daughter's game and what she needs to work on. Heed their advice and have your daughter continue to work out and play ball (Athletic Clubs, YMCA, etc). Good luck to your daughter:)

  • Author
Unless you're willing to post your daughter's name and school (which I wouldn't if I were you) I'm going to have to side with the coach who is there everyday and looking at the team.

 

I am not going to post her name or school here at this time. I will post it when the time is right.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.