What is the #1 thing the Reds should not do?

Preachit

I say signing Johnny Gomes to a deal would be bad. He was not that good this year. The last thing we need is to give him 15 million a year for three or four years. I am terrified that the powers that be will sign him to a long term deal.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I say signing Johnny Gomes to a deal would be bad. He was not that good this year. The last thing we need is to give him 15 million a year for three or four years. I am terrified that the powers that be will sign him to a long term deal.

Are you drunk? Gomes wouldn't get $15M over 5 years much less PER YEAR.

I like Gomes and think he has a role. He did knock in 86 this year so he can play a bit. His intangibles are also excellent. I'd keep him . I would still, though, look to find a better LFer. If not, then I roll with Gomes.

Are you drunk? Gomes wouldn't get $15M over 5 years much less PER YEAR.

I like Gomes and think he has a role. He did knock in 86 this year so he can play a bit. His intangibles are also excellent. I'd keep him . I would still, though, look to find a better LFer. If not, then I roll with Gomes.

The only way I want to see Gomes next year is in a platoon. He just simply isn't an everyday player.

#1 thing. Lock Votto up for as long as they can.

What is the #1 thing the Reds should not do?

You don't think they should lock up Votto?

I think the one thing they should not do is panic and make a bunch of moves. The roster isn't all that bad. They need a SS and a LF and maybe a #2 SP.