John Hardin 49 Male 47

JD Dog

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know about that. Male's defense isn't that special. It's stopping Male's offense that makes you impressive, and only one team has done that... and THEY can beat any team in the state.

I agree with this statement. Once again, Coach Redman's press defense has cost him severely. Not to take anything away from John Hardin, but there is no way that a team as talented as Male should score 47 points and lose, other than through a self-destructive defensive scheme. :rolleyes:

Can someone explain what John Hardin did? Its a pretty big deal to beat Male, congrats, even though I really wanted to see St. X and MALE have a rematch. I said Male better come out of the gate ready to play, this JHHS team beat PRP, and now Male, St. X has a tough game for the regional championship.

Ummm, what didn't JH do in this game.

Not sure on official stats but I would say 350 yards of rushing and 275 passing for John Hardin. They had at least three TDs of 70 or more yards and several other in the 25, 30-yard range.

They were impressive and very fast. Morning is the Qb - not sure of his first name - but he's a good one. I think he used to play RB for them a couple of years ago. I seem to remember them giving X a good game out at Papa John's in the opening round.

Male did have a great season. Heck, I bet the Bulldogs had 500-plus yards and Beaumont probably had 250 rushing. But once again coach Redman's defense jumped up and bit him in the tail!

Ummm, what didn't JH do in this game.

Not sure on official stats but I would say 350 yards of rushing and 275 passing for John Hardin. They had at least three TDs of 70 or more yards and several other in the 25, 30-yard range.

They were impressive and very fast. Morning is the Qb - not sure of his first name - but he's a good one. I think he used to play RB for them a couple of years ago. I seem to remember them giving X a good game out at Papa John's in the opening round.

Male did have a great season. Heck, I bet the Bulldogs had 500-plus yards and Beaumont probably had 250 rushing. But once again coach Redman's defense jumped up and bit him in the tail!

When Male faces a team with speedy athletes they are succeptible to big plays, especially passes in the middle of the field, since they are often manned up with 8-9 in the box, if you can protect the passer enought to get a quick release pass out then you can burn them on it. Key is having the athletes.

Then you can wear them out if you have depth, they have lots playing both ways.

It's easier said than done, but can happen.

I think a lot of us figured that John Hardin would become a solid program with a proven coach like Mark Brown at the helm. They upset Bowling Green a few years ago when they were in 3A, and they seem to steadily climbing the ladder. What is this, their sixth year football, maybe, and now they're in state quarterfinals? Impressive.

I did not attend the game, but my people tell me they ran 2-3 running plays and 2-3 pass plays. JH is a classic wing-t team and are well schooled at running traps. If I had to guess JH ran 2-3 forms of traps right up the gut and threw a couple pick routes and fades. If you can block it....you score. It is a simple game plan.

I agree with this statement. Once again, Coach Redman's press defense has cost him severely. Not to take anything away from John Hardin, but there is no way that a team as talented as Male should score 47 points and lose, other than through a self-destructive defensive scheme. :rolleyes:

Oxnard this is a fact that can't be disputed! Not excluding the great play by John Hardin, the only reason Male lost this game was because of Male's defensive scheme. PERIOD!!! You just can't keep giving up big play after big play. It seems as though his mind set is that we are just going to out score you. Well, that didn't happen!!! This Male team has too much talent offensively to lose a game where they score 47 points. Heck any plain base defense without stunting wouldn't have given up that many points. At some point during this game he should have adjusted to a more conventional defense. Just my novice opinion. And I am with you!

Sergio Spencer, Mike Bush, Chris Barclay, Ryan and Brandon Blackerby, Montrell Jones and Matt Sanders, the guys that made that defense work, don't play there anymore. I think it's time Redman realized that. That's a defense that can have success against teams that line up to butt heads, but as soon as you play a team that spreads the field, or runs misdirection, you'll have trouble keeping them out of the endzone.

Does anyone see Bobby Redman FINALLY changing his defense, will this be the straws of many straws to break the camels back? He has to realize that his defense scheme is the problem....how many times can you score 47 points an lose? Male does it often

All i know is JH treated his defense like a pop warner football teams last night. Granted, Male's O played just as well.