Operation What?

SvFan4life

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Well there we have it, same concept then and it stands out even more now. This team had some holes but had a chance to beat everyone but Florida. They fell apart and will suffer because of it. If Joker doesn't do some major recruiting this offseason and put together a good season next year, his tenure as UK coach may not last past year 2.

That's my point, people loved Rich Brooks but Joker's tenure is going to be short for having the same results. I don't get it.

I think many fans had over-zealous expectations for this year's team. Thus, there is disappointment when those expectations are not met. It's a matter of realism versus perception.

I think many fans had over-zealous expectations for this year's team. Thus, there is disappointment when those expectations are not met. It's a matter of realism versus perception.

I think you are correct.

The real question should be: Why did people think this year's team would win anymore than 6-7 games?

I think you could throw UK in that category of being "weak" as well this year. They kind of following the trend.

They were "weak", but by comparative standards to years past they probably had enough experienced play makers that most felt they would be better. They have gone 6-6 the past two seasons with a revolving door system of make shift quarterbacks and no WRs. They actually had some stability at key spots in 2010.