Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Newport 32 East Carter 20

Featured Replies

I wonder what happened to the sweep???????

  • Replies 34
  • Views 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder what happened to the sweep???????

It was just what NHS and I called it. OVER hype...

GT, do you think Newport is over hyped now?

GT, do you think Newport is over hyped now?

Never said they were over hyped. I questioned the fact that they had too much talent to not play a better out of district schedule. It's held up this far, and I hope to see it continue. The big cloud is that Russell played a much tougher OOD. We'll see how much it means now...

Russel is very good and I hope the Wildcats come out and play and limit their mistakes.

First congrats to Newport as for scoring on the subs I didn't see manychanges in the lineup any time in the 4th. East was beaten and I'll give Newport credit ,turnovers that were forced by Newport was the difference in the game and I will say they are quick , East gave up an early td and were driving when they lost the ball on a fumble and just seemed to not be able to get their offense going. I'll say this because it has really been hard onhim my son #15 was the one that fumbled twice as East was driving, you can say what you want but I'm still very proud of him and all the raiders, as far as fans go and this is not all but alot Newport has the most obnoxious fans I have ever seen they acted as if they wanted to start something all night and in the end I reckon they did as East pep bus was coming around to pick up the kids, just flat no class take as you want because that is how it was and I have no reason to say this without reason. As for the coaches and players they showed great sportsmanship. In the end the credit goes to Newports football team you beat us fair and square no excuses.

Congrats to newport, and to East for a good season.

First congrats to Newport as for scoring on the subs I didn't see manychanges in the lineup any time in the 4th. East was beaten and I'll give Newport credit ,turnovers that were forced by Newport was the difference in the game and I will say they are quick , East gave up an early td and were driving when they lost the ball on a fumble and just seemed to not be able to get their offense going. I'll say this because it has really been hard onhim my son #15 was the one that fumbled twice as East was driving, you can say what you want but I'm still very proud of him and all the raiders, as far as fans go and this is not all but alot Newport has the most obnoxious fans I have ever seen they acted as if they wanted to start something all night and in the end I reckon they did as East pep bus was coming around to pick up the kids, just flat no class take as you want because that is how it was and I have no reason to say this without reason. As for the coaches and players they showed great sportsmanship. In the end the credit goes to Newports football team you beat us fair and square no excuses.

 

Don't let the actions of a few ruin it for everybody. I thought the East Carter fans were classy and, like their team, didn't quit until the final seconds ticked off the clock. Best of luck to the Raider next season.

First congrats to Newport as for scoring on the subs I didn't see manychanges in the lineup any time in the 4th. East was beaten and I'll give Newport credit ,turnovers that were forced by Newport was the difference in the game and I will say they are quick , East gave up an early td and were driving when they lost the ball on a fumble and just seemed to not be able to get their offense going. I'll say this because it has really been hard onhim my son #15 was the one that fumbled twice as East was driving, you can say what you want but I'm still very proud of him and all the raiders, as far as fans go and this is not all but alot Newport has the most obnoxious fans I have ever seen they acted as if they wanted to start something all night and in the end I reckon they did as East pep bus was coming around to pick up the kids, just flat no class take as you want because that is how it was and I have no reason to say this without reason. As for the coaches and players they showed great sportsmanship. In the end the credit goes to Newports football team you beat us fair and square no excuses.

 

Yeah sorry about the fans Bleacherbum, I assure you that not all are idiots like some of the people you came in contact with yesterday. Im sure most were kids and everyone knows how stupid kids can be sometimes. I apologize for anything that happened last with with any of our fans and yours and hope ya'll made it back ok. Good season to all the EC players and fans.

I probably should not have said some of that about the fans in my post as I was a little disapointed when I wrote the above post like you say most were just kids any how good luck next week against Russell.

I probably should not have said some of that about the fans in my post as I was a little disapointed when I wrote the above post like you say most were just kids any how good luck next week against Russell.

 

 

:thumb: Best of luck to Casey and all the East seniors in the future.

What makes 'dem Wilcats Wild ????? Congrats to Coach Schlarmann, his staff, and most importantly the players. Great season...ROCK ONWARD!! As to the "incident" that happened after the game...it brought back memories of when we had to keep our helmets on and heads down when our bus left the stadium as we would get pummeled by rocks on the way out. 'Cat fans...win with class + lose with class...it'll make for a much better memory!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.