Bellevue 34 Bishop Brossart 31

Einstein70

I would say that they are now at a level where it is desireable to not only get a very good education at Brossart but also play for a good team. Are they ready for 2A, probably not but still could attract kids that may want to possibly play for a good Catholic program at the 1A level.

Totally agree on the 2-A statement (They're just now getting competitive in 1-A) and they are on the bubble size-wise using the numbers from 2 years ago from my understanding. Using today's numbers they are safely back into the 1-A class I'm told, but we will see once the new classifications are announced.

Still a lot working against them from the standpoint of old NCC ties, NCC's far more established program & tradition, but more influential these days is the cost of tuition for any Catholic or private school? They'll roll with the punches and keep working I'd guess.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Totally agree on the 2-A statement (They're just now getting competitive in 1-A) and they are on the bubble size-wise using the numbers from 2 years ago from my understanding. Using today's numbers they are safely back into the 1-A class I'm told, but we will see once the new classifications are announced.

Still a lot working against them from the standpoint of old NCC ties, NCC's far more established program & tradition, but more influential these days is the cost of tuition for any Catholic or private school? They'll roll with the punches and keep working I'd guess.

True statement and still working against them but they seem to be on there way to competing for that talent.

A very entertaining game to watch - Mostly well played by both sides. Brossart seemed to loose composure in 3rd period with some big penalties. Brossart was running well in 2nd period especially on the field goal drive they stalled on 10 yard line with 2 pass attempts after running basically down Bellevue's throat down the field. Not sure what Brossarts staff saw on that drive to give up run. And still not sure about refs call on Bellevue's TD drive right before half, on the fumble and on the 2 point conversion. Appeared knee was down before ball crossed plain on conversion - if it crossed the plain. but I was not certain from my angle. Brossart basically shot themselves in foot in 2nd half - but Bellevue played a nice game..Congrats!

True statement and still working against them but they seem to be on there way to competing for that talent.

The players that we are presently getting from our feeder schools that might have gone to NCC/CC to play football are the players that fill out those teams' rosters, who prefer to play rather than to watch others play.

Rome wasn't built in a day, we will use our Colts Junior High program as a major building block to develop football players, and perhaps draw some existing football talent from our traditional Brossart families. This will be the route we will take to continue to improve on a year-to-year basis until we get there. Having a blue-chipper or two from our feeder schools choose to stay home and contibute to the success of the Brossart program, would only hasten the process.

We have had major league success in all of our athletic endeavors, and football will fall into that category some time in the future. With football however, it is going to take talent, continued great coaching, and numbers to become truly competitive with those more established programs.

The footsteps will continue to get louder as we progress.

Didn't see the Walton game, but did talk to a sportswriter that did; and he said this wasn't the same Bellevue team that showed up vs. Walton. The passion and intensity of the post games celebration showed how much the Tigers (and their fans) wanted this one; and their efforts on the field reflected such. Again, congrats to Bellevue on the win, and I expect the Mustangs to show up like Bellevue did last night, next week in Newport!!

I saw the Walton/Bellevue game and they did have passion and swagger that you would expect from a Bellevue team. They were trying to do different things game plan wise than last years team but a new coach and loss of impact players was probably the reason. They are also another week into their game and seemed to have improved. I will say this though, those who take Walton Verona lightly will do so at their own peril. This is a totally different football team from last years team. They are extremely hungry and the seniors are driven to bring home a trip to the playoffs.

I saw the Walton/Bellevue game and they did have passion and swagger that you would expect from a Bellevue team. They were trying to do different things game plan wise than last years team but a new coach and loss of impact players was probably the reason. They are also another week into their game and seemed to have improved. I will say this though, those who take Walton Verona lightly will do so at their own peril. This is a totally different football team from last years team. They are extremely hungry and the seniors are driven to bring home a trip to the playoffs.

I guarantee nobody in the know on the Brossart side took Bellevue for granted, and certainly don't take WV lightly. Obviously after last night's result WV is a decided favorite in next week's contest, and all the BB faithful have nothing but respect for WV, and the way they've built their program. Relax--Walton will be in the playoffs, and I'm guessing BB has a shot as well.

Again, I didn't see WV vs. Bellevue, but was simply passing along an observation from a veteran sportswriter that did witness the game. I did however see the emotion after last night's win from the Tigers, and guarantee they wanted that game in the worst way!! Again, congrats to Bellevue on the win!!

Did anyone else at the game notice Bellevues Head coach throw his clip board at the side judge in the second quarter because they did not hear him yelling for the timeout? I thought he should have been tossed from the game!

Good win for Bellevue, good exposure game for BBHS. Penalties, penalties, penalties....kill ! I thought BBHS looked liked they have the tools. Program is coming around very nicely. Ugly game. The Bellevue coach throwing his clipboard AT the official, should have been tossed. Additionally, did anyone else see the D Coordinator for Bellevue chest bumping his other coach on one of the turnovers ? As it was being discussed in the stands "act like you been there". BBHS needs some discipline on the D line. Jumping offside on a hard count can happen, but when you know you are 3rd and long and it happens more than once ? The sideline warning on BBHS late in the game hurt, 15 yards for what was reported to be a coach dropping "the bomb" doesn't help your team at this point. So again, discipline starts at the top. Great job by Guidigli. He can hit holes and get through quick.

BBHS is on their way. I doubt that the majority have given them the appropriate respect. This is a team that plays a schedule in their zone and has been winning. Good luck to them the remainder of the year.

I did see the coach toss his clipboard and the same ref that was clueless on the fumble in end zone and on 2 pt conversion just looked down at it. I am thinking that clipboard probably traveled close to 20 yards in the air in general direction of the ref and ref does absolutely nothing. And the "chest bumping and "high fiving" after most plays was pretty funny. It was almost like they acted liked "wow, we guessed right!!"

Chest bumping and high fives are all part of being excited. This is a young staff that Bellevue has. They should act that way. It shows the players and fans that they have a passion for being out there and are not just going through the motions.

I have been coaching for a long time, and i am so tired of people who have never coached a day in their lives critizing guys who put in the time and effort who do. Granted some make mistakes and do foolish things at time usually in the heat of battle, aka throwing things or saying the wrong thing. that will be handled by he appropriate peope if need be. Remember this is still just a game! Enjoy it, but do not become zealots over it!

Extremely poor officiating for this game but I still give Bellevue credit for winning a hard fought game. That #22 Slater? - he's a beast! Too many penalties by Brossart at the wrong time was their undoing. I wonder what a difference Jacob Elbert would have made for Brossart yet he sat the whole game. Anyone know why?

I did see the coach toss his clipboard and the same ref that was clueless on the fumble in end zone and on 2 pt conversion just looked down at it. I am thinking that clipboard probably traveled close to 20 yards in the air in general direction of the ref and ref does absolutely nothing. And the "chest bumping and "high fiving" after most plays was pretty funny. It was almost like they acted liked "wow, we guessed right!!"

Since when are coaches not allowed to be excited when their players make big plays??? What would you like them to do exactly? The game of football is about PASSION and ENERGY, not just for the players, but for coaches as well. You must be very disconnected from the game, i.e. the extent of your experience involves showing up on gameday to watch from the stands, to criticize a coach for being excited for his players.

I believe that was misinterpreted. I wasn't being critical - it is good that they show the passion especially in front of the kids. On the sidelines I am more of a fist pumping and occasional high five and leave the chest bumping to the kids. there is nothing wrong with it especially in as big a game as that one was. I was more critical of the ref ignoring the clipboard tossing and apparently ignoring it when it appeared from stands was being tossed at him. Bellevue did a job.

Edited by Ram
Rule 13

Throwing clip boards (Bellevue) and cursing (Bishop) is not part of the game. I would think that a parochial school, such as Bishop Brossart, would take a long look at the behavior of the coaches. I would expect some fallout to occur on this one.

I agree the officiating was awful. Players do make mistakes, the personal fouls were costly for the Mustangs. But to have a coach also draw one is unacceptable at any level in any sport!

Bottom line is: Bellevue won. Bishop Brossart is still learning how to play at that level (both players and coaches--since neither has been there before).

Edited by Ram
Rule 8