Beechwood vs Walton Verona

Watusi

Pick the Winner  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Pick the Winner

55-0 last year, could of been more but the dogs were called off, early in second half. WV lost to Grant and Carroll this year. Beats Gallatin by 1. The Bellevue win was a good win. WV is moving in a good direction but still not on the same field as Beechwood.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

55-0 last year, could of been more but the dogs were called off, early in second half. WV lost to Grant and Carroll this year. Beats Gallatin by 1. The Bellevue win was a good win. WV is moving in a good direction but still not on the same field as Beechwood.

Very true. Just when the competition starts to get interesting in NKY 1A, now rumor has it that WV will have to move up to 2A next year.

Beechwood is a CLASS act all around, which is what Coach Barth is doing with the boys out in Walton Verona. They got a GREAT bunch of kids that are getting better each week, from what I understand, but they aren't gonna get Beechwood this year. I think that WV should keep this game on their schedule even after they move up to 2A. Who in Walton or Verona thinks they keep Beechwood next year?

Beechwood is a CLASS act all around, which is what Coach Barth is doing with the boys out in Walton Verona. They got a GREAT bunch of kids that are getting better each week, from what I understand, but they aren't gonna get Beechwood this year. I think that WV should keep this game on their schedule even after they move up to 2A. Who in Walton or Verona thinks they keep Beechwood next year?

I think to have a chance to keep the game on Beechwood's schedule, Walton needs a good showing Friday night. Coach Rash likes the non district games to be challenging. He wants games that will push the team and expose weaknesses. Some of it depends on how the district looks and how many non district games need to be scheduled, but I don't think WV is quite to the level of opponent yet that Coach Rash usually looks for in non district games. On all other levels, I am sure Coach Rash would like to keep WV on the schedule. It is a school similar to Beechwood with good academics, good kids and nice facilities. We'll just have to see how the realignment shakes out and how that impacts the schedule.

My guess only but if they are not in the same district it is unlikely. Whatever 2A district they end up with they will have challenges.

The difference between the early games you mentioned is the limiting of mistakes. Walton every week has been better at lessening mistakes (fumbles, interceptions, blown assignments, etc.). If they do alot of the aforementioned things, it will be a long long night. If they don't, we'll see.

I have seen Beechwoods defense first hand and unless they have dramatically improved from the start of the season, they wont hold a Wing T offense to 7 points. So with that, Beechie Tech's offense better score some points.

Beechwood's D versus the wing T is one of the things I am really looking forward to seeing in this game.

I have seen Beechwoods defense first hand and unless they have dramatically improved from the start of the season, they wont hold a Wing T offense to 7 points. So with that, Beechie Tech's offense better score some points.

Well it's probably safe to say they will look dramatically different since the start of the season...on both sides of the ball, if you take their schedule into consideration. The Wing T may have looked dramatically better as well considering their schedule.

I'd say you can count on the Beechies scoring some points ;)