Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Highlands dominance

Featured Replies

Will any team in NKY ever challenge Highlands again???? They lose a great Sr. class, but still continue to dominate 5A and 6A in NKY. Will anyone ever learn what Ft. Thomas does to produce great football players or is everyone going to continue to bury their heads in the sand and not even try???? I give Ryle credit for trying, but they aren't doing what needs to be done to develop players to complete with Highlands at the younger levels, as none of Boone County is!!!!!

  • Replies 113
  • Views 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will any team in NKY ever challenge Highlands again???? They lose a great Sr. class, but still continue to dominate 5A and 6A in NKY. Will anyone ever learn what Ft. Thomas does to produce great football players or is everyone going to continue to bury their heads in the sand and not even try???? I give Ryle credit for trying, but they aren't doing what needs to be done to develop players to complete with Highlands at the younger levels, as none of Boone County is!!!!!

 

SK would beat Highlands this year and last year!

SK would beat Highlands this year and last year!

 

Now that is funny.

SK would beat Highlands this year and last year!

 

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

I never thought I'd say it' date=' but I'm getting tired of Highlands threads myself.[/quote']

 

:thumb:

I never thought I'd say it' date=' but I'm getting tired of Highlands threads myself.[/quote']

 

I am also. The only reason I read this one is because it looked like it was started by someone that was not a Highlands fan.

I am also. The only reason I read this one is because it looked like it was started by someone that was not a Highlands fan.

 

Goodness, could you imagine the threads if the Birds lose one this year?

If kids stop coming in from other towns to play for them, they would not be as dominate. Don't even think I suggesting Highlands recruits. Year after year, they put one of the best programs in the state on the field. They have a great academic standard and post the highest ACT scores for Campbell County schools. They send kids to D1 schools religiously. If a parent thinks a kid has a chance to excel in football, Highlands is the place to send them. They get the recognition, produce championships and send a lot of kids to college to play football (and those kids stay all four year in college and graduate). They may not get a look if they went to another high school and even if that dream of "my kid is a D1 player" does not come to fruition, they still walk away with a great memory, a great education and hardware for their hand.

SK would beat Highlands this year and last year!

 

Ignore list.

Will any team in NKY ever challenge Highlands again???? They lose a great Sr. class, but still continue to dominate 5A and 6A in NKY. Will anyone ever learn what Ft. Thomas does to produce great football players or is everyone going to continue to bury their heads in the sand and not even try???? I give Ryle credit for trying, but they aren't doing what needs to be done to develop players to complete with Highlands at the younger levels, as none of Boone County is!!!!!

 

WOW and your a HHS? :idunno:

 

Not meaning to jump on this post and sorry in advance to you true HHS fans but......:notworthy:

 

First HHS will be playing in 4A next year, so it would be great if HHS dominated in 5A and 6A leaving some other 4A team to win State! :D

 

Ever challenge HHS again? I think 2006 wasn't that long ago! Sure the games in 07, 08, and 09 haven't been what a CovCath fan would want but keep an eye on CovCath, as the moment you think we no longer can compete with HHS that is the moment you will lose the game. Think Mud! :cool:

 

Speaking about young players, I am really looking forward to the October 6th match-up @ CovCath when the Baby Birds play the Colonels Seniors in Training!

 

Should be a great game just like last years Frosh game was. :thumb::thumb:

I never thought I'd say it' date=' but I'm getting tired of Highlands threads myself.[/quote']

 

 

I knew, just knew, that eventually we'd find something we can agree on. :thumb:

 

After I read Qryche's latest thread, I started to start a thread titled: What's the over/under on the number of Highlands related threads that would be started between today and Friday and then realized I'd just become part of the silliness. :D Oh well, folks are creating hits on the site for the Ru so I guess he's happy (that is as long as all the Highlands talk doesn't run off posters).

  • Author

The gap is getting wider, not smaller, and that is after the Birds graduated a loaded senior class.

 

Freshman football of '10 means nothing at the varsity level of '11, '12, and '13.

 

If you have to go back to '97 to cite an upset, keep dreaming; that was a a different CCH football program!

I knew, just knew, that eventually we'd find something we can agree on. :thumb:

 

After I read Qryche's latest thread, I started to start a thread titled: What's the over/under on the number of Highlands related threads that would be started between today and Friday and then realized I'd just become part of the silliness. :D Oh well, folks are creating hits on the site for the Ru so I guess he's happy (that is as long as all the Highlands talk doesn't run off posters).

 

Highlands fans do a pretty good job of running off their fellow Bird faithful.....

The gap is getting wider, not smaller, and that is after the Birds graduated a loaded senior class.

 

Freshman football of '10 means nothing at the varsity level of '11, '12, and '13.

 

If you have to go back to '97 to cite an upset, keep dreaming; that was a a different CCH football program!

 

My goodness, you read it here first on BGP's!

 

OMG I can't believe it, I am stunned, a HHS fan, admitting that CovCath was a better team in 2006 because as he stated, if you have to go back to 97 for a upset.

 

Than he has to mean that CovCath was a better team than HHS in 06, and 06 was only three years ago!

 

Is that what you are saying? Breaking news at 11pm. :lol:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.