Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Breaking News: Bledsoe earned his grade.

Featured Replies

Well considering in the report under Alabama LAW the teacher has to keep his grades book for 3 years and he didn't for this class should be enough to prove to you right there this is fishy. On top of that the principal at the time has stated that Bledsoe would never had been allowed to take the Algebra 3 class in question before Algebra 2 if he had known about it is another fishy part of this whole thing. There is just an awful lot of smoke here, if you believe them all to be innocent you are lying to yourself. And the NCAA wasn't playing favoritism with UK they were just doing the same thing they've done in the past with Kansas where they aren't punishing the school for something they should have known about. And I feel fairly confident the NCAA isn't going to do anything, UK commented that as far as they could tell the matter was closed now. But keep convincing yourself Bledsoe and these teachers are saints.
Never said that in the bold, but for what it is worth, the opinon I have formed from reading on the issue I believe they are lying, too. That is still only an opinion, not proff. For someone who hates UK so bad you sure do follow them a lot. I am guessing you probably would agree with Pattrick Starr's post #40. :D
  • Replies 67
  • Views 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You are lobbying hard against the Big Blue ,keep it up and they may call you as a witness at some point . Bo Big Blue .What will the reponse be if Kanter is ruled elgible ..
The response will be that the NCAA is favoring UK again and Calipari must have cheated some how to get them to go UK's way. UK is back and the haters are out in full force, I see them everywhere I go. I just wish most were a little more informed about what they are talking about.
You should know by now that you can't argue with UK fans. Their team is perfect and the best program ever and so are their fans. All of college basketball should bow down to them and worship their existence.

Atta boy.You finally said something that makes sense.

Never said that in the bold, but for what it is worth, the opinon I have formed from reading on the issue I believe they are lying, too. That is still only an opinion, not proff. For someone who hates UK so bad you sure do follow them a lot. I am guessing you probably would agree with Pattrick Starr's post #40. :D

 

Proff? I follow them like I follow most college basketball, this is just the main news right now and being on this board it's hard to avoid UK news. And the difference is me and you are both biased in reading this thing, I don't like UK, and you do so we both take our bias in to what we read about them. But this investigation firm that said they believed the teachers were lying are the only really true unbiased opinion out there. I don't pretend that Thamel (that his name?) from the NY Times is unbiased, he hates UK or Cal as much or more than me. But this investigation firm was done by independent investigators that are by all accounts unbiased.

Proff? I follow them like I follow most college basketball, this is just the main news right now and being on this board it's hard to avoid UK news. And the difference is me and you are both biased in reading this thing, I don't like UK, and you do so we both take our bias in to what we read about them. But this investigation firm that said they believed the teachers were lying are the only really true unbiased opinion out there. I don't pretend that Thamel (that his name?) from the NY Times is unbiased, he hates UK or Cal as much or more than me. But this investigation firm was done by independent investigators that are by all accounts unbiased.
And they don't have a dog in this fight. :D I just had to say that all in fun, have a good day HT721. I got to get out of here.
The independent investigators also said they are convinced those two individuals are lying. They can say it until they are blue in the face, but I'll stick with the independent investigators who don't have a dog in this fight. In the end it's not terrible they helped him because it saved him a life of poverty, but if he hadn't been a basketball star I would guarantee the school would have been content to just let him take his grades and flunk out, that happens all too often in public schools. The start athletes are passed on to keep playing while students who don't really contribute are just allowed to flunk out. It has to be obvious to everyone at this point, that his high school has some serious problems. I don't blame Bledsoe for these problems, but it should be obvious by now this school has their own agenda and has had for a while.

 

You should know by now that you can't argue with UK fans. Their team is perfect and the best program ever and so are their fans. All of college basketball should bow down to them and worship their existence.

 

You don't even make any sense Patrick this has nothing to do with UK, this was all done prior to him going to school at UK. If a couple people changed grades for him and kept their mouths shut there is no way for us to find out. HT is right thought, it's sad but that is how things work sometimes. They probably are lying but we might never know.

Atta boy.You finally said something that makes sense.

 

Kinda, :lol: But that post he quoted isn't even about UK.

Please hide all of HT's shoe strings and sharp objects in the event that Kanter is ruled eligible.

On a side note UK fans should never moan about how the NCAA loves Duke or Kansas more than them now, UK has received the same treatment as Duke and Kansas if this matter is truly closed so that argument flies right out the window.

 

Please, your hatred for UK blinds your sense of reason. Corey Maggette, under oath, stated he accepted money from an agent, and Duke gets off without punishment. There are dozens of other cases in which a player forfeited amateur status (with much less evidence, mind you) & his school was penalized.

 

Most believe there was something shady going on with Bledsoe, and I believe the same as well. But belief about something and a confession (as it was with Maggette) are not even close to being the same. :rolleyes:

You should know by now that you can't argue with UK fans. Their team is perfect and the best program ever and so are their fans. All of college basketball should bow down to them and worship their existence.

 

Hold the phones BGP...Patrick just made his only sensible post...

From a teacher's perspective (albeit one that supports UK athletics, as well as UofL athletics...and pretty much every other KY college and university!):

 

In my 15 year career, I have worked under a variety of systems, as regards policy on what is known as credit recovery. One administrator that I worked for went as far to implement "The Packet," which was to consist of all the missing work that a student had during a 9 week period, regardless of the reason, that he/she could take home during a break and complete it for credit. (FWIW, several teachers, including myself, balked at this policy and refused to implement it.) Credit recovery policies can also take the form of summer school, correspondence courses, or as my school now implements, a "get back on track now...what's done is done" policy that teaches that actions have consequences and that what is important is changing the behavior that caused you to be failing originally, getting yourself back on track for now and the future.

 

My point is that the school may have had a credit recovery policy in place that Bledsoe, and other students, not just athletes, benefited from. Additionally, about the lost gradebook, for all administrations that I have worked under, the gradebook was turned over to the guidance counselor at the end of the year for storage, not kept by each individual teacher.

 

In the case of summer school and correspondence credit, those grades wouldn't even appear in a gradebook, but would only be noted on his high school transcript and his final grade adjusted to reflect his new grade.

 

Lastly, I think that it is sad that some have made comments that have dismissed Bledsoe as a kid that would have quit school and lived his life in poverty, if not for this situation...sad that we lump a kid into a category without knowing very much at all about him personally.

Stop the presses. The haters didn't like the results of an unbiased investigation so let's start over and keep digging until we find the tinyest infraction. Typical responses.

Stop the presses. The haters didn't like the results of an unbiased investigation so let's start over and keep digging until we find the tinyest infraction. Typical responses.

 

Might want to understand the findings of said unbiased investigation before you act like they were positive...

Might want to understand the findings of said unbiased investigation before you act like they were positive...

 

I understand them enough to know the haters will never be satisfied until they can dig up any shred of dirt on UK.

I understand them enough to know the haters will never be satisfied until they can dig up any shred of dirt on UK.

 

If that's what helps you get through the day...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.