September 25, 201016 yr I still believe that he didn't earn the grades to play college basketball. It sure seems that way, but honestly it doesn't bother me too much. Admittedly, part of that is because he played for Kentucky. Another part is because Bledsoe took advantage of the opportunity and, by all accounts, made the best of it. He has found a job & will be able to support his family. He now has the ability to return to school & get a college education if he so chooses. I don't like the fact that Kentucky may have played with an ineligible player, but I'd much rather see a kid catch a break & the kid take advantage of it. If not, who knows where he (or other youth) would end up. I must admit that I'm a bit uneasy about the situation, but it's also comforting that Kentucky has not been implicated in any way. I don't think they will be, but I have a better chance of being struck by lightning twice than predicting the NCAA's next move.
September 25, 201016 yr Maybe the media attention surrounding Arthur, Bledsoe, Selby, et. al. will lead to some type of reform on the professional, collegiate and high school levels. It is clear that the NCAA has lost complete control of the amateurs and eligibility determinations. The problem is that the NCAA can't fix the problems by itself.
September 25, 201016 yr Any chance the NCAA doesn't rely on this report and launches its own investigation? Or is it too little too late now for them to pursue.
September 25, 201016 yr Any chance the NCAA doesn't rely on this report and launches its own investigation? Or is it too little too late now for them to pursue. The NCAA can still launch their own investigation. I'd imagine they will do so. But, the problem seems to lie with Ford, Bledsoe's basketball coach his senior year.
September 25, 201016 yr UK spokesman DeWayne Peevy on fact that NCAA will review Bledsoe report: "Our understanding is that this matter is closed." NCAA spokesman Chuck Wynne reports that the NCAA will review Bledsoe report and work with UK to determine if his academic status will be impacted.
September 25, 201016 yr What did you expect the newspaper to say? This report doesn't jive with what the previously reported. This newspaper along with the NY Times acted irresponsibly and damaged a young man's name. Bledsoe should sue all involved. Bledsoe has the money now he needs to sue the snot out of the folks that slammed him and tried to smear his name! Go Big Blue! :lol::lol::lol::lol:
September 25, 201016 yr I still believe that he didn't earn the grades to play college basketball. Not real surprising ,I am sure they are a bunch of others who feel the same way . But thats an opinion and we know what they say about opinions .
September 25, 201016 yr Gary Parrish's thoughts, which I tend to agree with: http://gary-parrish.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/6271764/24803782
September 25, 201016 yr I still believe that he didn't earn the grades to play college basketball. I'm so glad he did though. The young man whofrom what I have heard was very poor and didn't have a whole lot. Now he is going to be a millionaire. Thats a great thing. If he did some work to get some extra credit then good for him. If he didn't do any extra work then that wouldn't be right, but I'm happy for him.
September 25, 201016 yr Good now time to move on. Looks like his grade was probably changed but they can't prove it. Oh well.
September 25, 201016 yr The title of this thread is very misleading, basically the report says that the 100% believe that all those responsible are lying. Keep in mind this is an independent investigation firm with no dog in this fight. But they also don't have court power to demand the truth either, the lies some will tell to cover up their cheating is beyond me. And on top of that, make up work done the semester after the class???? I mean seriously what teacher lets a kid do make up work a semester after the class is over. The B-ham school district is just covering up what is a very sticky situation of a kid who never should have been eligible in high school or college, and you better believe if Bledsoe was your average high school kid that might only play 10 minutes a game he never would have been given this treatment he would have been given the F's he earned and probably dropped out of high school, what a joke.
September 25, 201016 yr On a side note UK fans should never moan about how the NCAA loves Duke or Kansas more than them now, UK has received the same treatment as Duke and Kansas if this matter is truly closed so that argument flies right out the window.
September 25, 201016 yr On a side note UK fans should never moan about how the NCAA loves Duke or Kansas more than them now, UK has received the same treatment as Duke and Kansas if this matter is truly closed so that argument flies right out the window. Actually, it's quite different. The NCAA has not even begun their investigation yet. I'm sure one is coming soon, so don't get your panties in a bunch.
September 25, 201016 yr On a side note UK fans should never moan about how the NCAA loves Duke or Kansas more than them now, UK has received the same treatment as Duke and Kansas if this matter is truly closed so that argument flies right out the window. Your dislike for UK is clouding your judgment. Your judging what a kid would do in a "normal" high school saying that a high school kid would have gotten F's and dropped out. First off his grades should have never been made public IMO. Secondly, you know nothing about Bledsoe and neither do I. No reason to pass judgment on him.
September 25, 201016 yr Author The title of this thread is very misleading Title isn't misleading at all. The teacher, and Superintendent both stated he earned the grade. Until somebody else starts determining the grades of the students then that is what we have to go on.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.