JCPS High School Football-Equalizing?

rockmom

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I agree, a JCPS school would need to win the ship to be the real Top Dawg. 6A football has become rather ho hum over the last 10 years with Trinity, and a couple times X, winning championships year after year. From an X alum and parent, I would like to see more parity in 6A as a whole, not just JCPS. Trinity is loaded the next couple years and I just don't see anybody knocking them off this year or the next two following. I've heard the Rocks freshmen class is "down" this year...but that's probably in comparison to their last two incoming classes which may have been their best ever from a talent standpoint. So yes, somebody besides Trinity please win state soon before the Seperatists begin to clamour louder for a split. Ballard may have a shot this year. I'm not sold on Male yet, but if they or Ballard beat the Rocks this year it will a shot of oxygen that's needed to breathe some life back to 6A football.

I think below is all the football playing schools in Jefferson County.............Looks to me that JC has about 5 or 6 good teams and a few middle of the road, while it also has some of the worst teams in the state.

Trininty

St X.

Shawnee

Atherton

Ballard

Butler

Central

Doss

Manual

Eastern

Fairdale

Fern Creek

Iroquois

Jtown

Male

Moore

PRP

Seneca

Southern

Valley

Waggner

Western

How in the World has Ballard topped Male as top JCPS dawg when they haven't played yet this year and they have beaten Male only 1 time(that was last years regular season game 7-3, Male won the playoff game against them) out of the last 4 times. Ballard has a nice team this year but no way should they be crowned yet.

Ballard has beaten Male 2 out of the last 3 times they've played (Ballard beat Male in '08, 30-13). Probably most relevant in that conversation is that Male won the MOST RECENT game between the two...and won it when it counts most -- in the playoffs.

But I agree with everything else that's been posted...none of that 'in the past' stuff matters for who's 'top dog' now.

...and the only "top dog" that REALLY matters has nothing to do with JCPS. Right now, the only top dogs that matter are T and X. There's really no such thing as a 'public school state championship' so it's silly for any school to aspire to such a thing.

Ballard has beaten Male 2 out of the last 3 times they've played (Ballard beat Male in '08, 30-13). Probably most relevant in that conversation is that Male won the MOST RECENT game between the two...and won it when it counts most -- in the playoffs.

But I agree with everything else that's been posted...none of that 'in the past' stuff matters for who's 'top dog' now.

...and the only "top dog" that REALLY matters has nothing to do with JCPS. Right now, the only top dogs that matter are T and X. There's really no such thing as a 'public school state championship' so it's silly for any school to aspire to such a thing.

Coach, I know you and your guys are aspiring to be the best in 6A, not just public 6A. The X game showed me you guys are for real. Good luck the rest of the way, especially against T.

Yes, I agree, a JCPS school would need to win the ship to be the real Top Dawg. 6A football has become rather ho hum over the last 10 years with Trinity, and a couple times X, winning championships year after year. From an X alum and parent, I would like to see more parity in 6A as a whole, not just JCPS. Trinity is loaded the next couple years and I just don't see anybody knocking them off this year or the next two following. I've heard the Rocks freshmen class is "down" this year...but that's probably in comparison to their last two incoming classes which may have been their best ever from a talent standpoint. So yes, somebody besides Trinity please win state soon before the Seperatists begin to clamour louder for a split. Ballard may have a shot this year. I'm not sold on Male yet, but if they or Ballard beat the Rocks this year it will a shot of oxygen that's needed to breathe some life back to 6A football.

Thanks for volunteering the Rocks to "take one for the team". :lol:

Good Post Coach J, I should have got my facts straight before posting, Good Luck this year, Look forward to a great season for everybody

JCPS football is not equalizing. Until someone can beat the Rocks consistently from this season forward there will be no equalization. The best rock team to ever suit up is on the field this season, and it will only be surpassed by next season's rock squad.

I think that there are three things necessary to reach parity.

1. Quality coaching staff. I am prejudiced enough to believe that no one will match the coaching staff at Trinity, but there are very fine coaches at several of the JCPSs. I don't believe that quality coaching is the problem.

2. Quality skill position athletes. That one is not a problem now and it hasn't been in the past.

3. Seventy or eighty average athletes that are willing to practice three years to play one (maybe) and that are willing to push every day in practice, knowing that the chances of getting in the game are not good. That is the one that no one seems to have solved. I know that it can be solved, I just don't know how.