Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Concession Stands

Featured Replies

There is just something about attending a football game and eating from the great concession stands from across the state. What is your school offer and most famous for? What/where have you eaten at other schools concession stands that you would recommend?

I'd say popcorn, but I don't think that's a football offering in Maysville. However, in addition to the concessions (which are pretty vanilla), every home game has a tailgate meal, sponsored by a local business, that anyone - even folks from Fleming County and Russell :D - can enjoy.

 

I've not been to a whole bunch of places, but I've maintained for some time now that the best concessioin food I've had has been at Johnson Central (wonderful burgers and dogs) and Raceland (Polish sausages with peppers and onions).

LOVE Trinity's concessions! I love my Friday night Chik-Fil-A....LIVE for it! The burgers are awesome too.

 

I must say, though, that overall, I think Louisville Central has the best football concession of any school I've ever been to. They're frying the fish and grilling all kinds of goodness right by the visitors seating. You can't help but be lured to their concessions.

If you've never been to Raceland, and I believe Bluto will back me up on this one, they have the best concession stand that I've ever enjoyed. It's that good.

  • Author

Both of these sound great. During basketball season I hardly eat at the concession stands, but during football, must be because it it outside, I love sitting in the night air and eating at the games. GRC sometimes features pulled pork or grill pork chop sandwiches. They are great.

 

I look forward to going to Montgomery Co tomorrow night and see what they offer.

The kettle corn at Simon Kenton. :popcorn:

The kettle corn at Simon Kenton. :popcorn:

 

They sell the heck out of that stuff. I didn't think I would like it but it's good.

  • Author
If you've never been to Raceland, and I believe Bluto will back me up on this one, they have the best concession stand that I've ever enjoyed. It's that good.

 

I have been to basketball games at Raceland, but never football. Are the concession stands the same???

Jack Ablen's grill on the visitor side of the Cov. Cath. stands is hard to beat. The Johnson Central mega-grill is also A+++.

The bag-o-chili at East Carter is top notch! Open a bag of fritos, pour in the chili and cheese, add a plastic spoon and eat it right out of the frito bag. It's a treat...it's a snack...it's a meal!

The bag-o-chili at East Carter is top notch! Open a bag of fritos, pour in the chili and cheese, add a plastic spoon and eat it right out of the frito bag. It's a treat...it's a snack...it's a meal!

 

We call that a "walking taco" in Camel land.......we top it off with some sour cream....good stuff,,,

I have been to basketball games at Raceland, but never football. Are the concession stands the same???

 

It's not the same. No grilling.

It's not the same. No grilling.

 

The state fire marshall probably wouldn't approve.

  • Author
It's not the same. No grilling.

 

Thanks, what I thought, football concession stands offer a better variety I feel. Just not your standard popcorn, candy bars and nachoes.

 

At Fairdale last year for the KIT basketball tourney, they had fresh hot french fries, they were great!!

Louisville Central's is the best I've had.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.