Boone County 28 Henry Clay 19

Always happy to see Boone get a win. I don't know if this sets them up as anymore of a sleeper in 6A than they were before tonight though. They still aren't as good as Ryle or Simon Kenton, but still better than the rest of their district. They could beat either of the top two, but they'd have to play really well and get a few breaks.

I understand why this looks like such an upset, based on rankings. But, frankly I'm never surprised when a Central Kentucky 6A school under performs. I only get to see the teams sporadically, but it's usually the higher ranked teams when I do get to see them, and I've seldom left a game thinking I saw a really good team.

It's been my experience when watching the Lexington Public teams play that they struggle to block, they struggle more to tackle (or get off blocks), and they really struggle to maintain drives because they shoot themselves in the foot with penalties. I've seen exceptions, but I've seen enough to consider the above the rule.

I think Henry Clay playeed to Boone Co. level. I strongly feel that Henry Clay was the better team and didn't play to their strengths. I've had the oppertunity to watch them practice and play all season and what I saw last Friday was far from par. Not to take away or disrespect Boone Co. but Henry Clay didn't show up. My hat is off to Boone co for the way the simplified a gameplan and stuck to it. If Henry clay used there speed more and fix all the mental errors they would have won that game. Don't count the Devils out.

^If that is your reasoning then Boone County indeed is the better team at this point. The best teams always show up to the games ready to play.

I'm sure Boone had their fair share of mistakes too that, if corrected, could have made the game go in more of their favor.

Its all if if if if at this point. The fact is Boone was the better team that night and they will be considered the better team until Henry Clay shows otherwise.