Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Should U.S. Schools Observe Muslim Holidays?

Featured Replies

  • Author

My biggest problem with this is that this would NEVER come close to happening in Saudia Arabia or Iran or any other Muslim country. It happens here because "it's the American way". We don't live in a melting pot, we live in a salad bowl. The most surprising thing to me regarding recent posts here on BGP is the lack of comments regarding Muslim treatment of women. Muslim women are treated like low class tramps, and imo their treatment of women in their society is deplorable.

  • Replies 140
  • Views 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So if I make statements about how the law SHOULD be the SC is going to agree? Who gives a darn what one person says about what the laws of the country should be? That conversation happens thousands of times every day.

 

At first it was one person that said, "No taxation without representation". That idea caught on and others begin saying it. Hello Revolutionary war and the Unitred States of America.

 

Besides, how can the SC stop their religion and what they believe, that would violate their rights caus we are so concerned about that.

Overall, I agree. However, I don't even think the % matters. Let each district decide regardless of their rationale.

 

I'm good with that, I was just giving how I would handle it if I had the authority. I wouldn't give it off unless it was in the ten percent range or so myself.

We don't live in a melting pot, we live in a salad bowl.

 

We 100% do not live in a melting pot. I like think of it more like a stew. I can pick out the pieces I want to enjoy, but other ingredients still leave their mark even if I don't want them too. (Works the exact way if I were a Muslim, or other minority too).

  • Author
Overall, I agree. However, I don't even think the % matters. Let each district decide regardless of their rationale.

 

That is good in theory Clyde, but not in reality. The Florence mayor even eluded to the fact that they feared not approving the Mosque for fear of a lawsuit. I am sure the school districts would also fear lawsuits. It's a very litigious society we live in. I am sure the ACLU would love to go after any public school district pro bono, and the liberal media would eat it up.

  • Author

 

That's scary precedent right there. Will they be stoning their women to death in our town squares next when they are accused of adultery? Will the judges give a hall pass when the husband decides to cut of his wife's nose and ears (common treatment of Muslim women). The precedent's that are being set are simply outlandish and unbelievable.

My biggest problem with this is that this would NEVER come close to happening in Saudia Arabia or Iran or any other Muslim country. It happens here because "it's the American way". We don't live in a melting pot, we live in a salad bowl. The most surprising thing to me regarding recent posts here on BGP is the lack of comments regarding Muslim treatment of women. Muslim women are treated like low class tramps, and imo their treatment of women in their society is deplorable.

 

We're lucky to live where we do as are the Muslim Americans.

At first it was one person that said, "No taxation without representation". That idea caught on and others begin saying it. Hello Revolutionary war and the Unitred States of America.

 

Besides, how can the SC stop their religion and what they believe, that would violate their rights caus we are so concerned about that.

 

I'm not saying we violate any religion's rights.

 

I'm simply saying that your contention that Sharia Law will somehow become American law is without merit.

I'm not saying we violate any religion's rights.

 

I'm simply saying that your contention that Sharia Law will somehow become American law is without merit.

 

Not sure where I said it was going to become American law...I said that there are plenty out there who want it too including Muslim leaders

 

Next they are going to want us to allow Sharia Law...oh wait, some already do.
I'm not saying we violate any religion's rights.

 

I'm simply saying that your contention that Sharia Law will somehow become American law is without merit.

Double speak Clyde.... If a Muslim can't beat his wife then we are denying his religious rights..
That is good in theory Clyde, but not in reality. The Florence mayor even eluded to the fact that they feared not approving the Mosque for fear of a lawsuit. I am sure the school districts would also fear lawsuits. It's a very litigious society we live in. I am sure the ACLU would love to go after any public school district pro bono, and the liberal media would eat it up.

 

Of course there would be a lawsuit against Florence. They have no legal ground to shut this down.

 

I'd ask again how we should rationalize schools closing for Christmas but staying open for other religion's holidays. I don't think "that's the way it's always been" will fly.

Shocking to say the least but hardly proof that Sharia law will become US law. This is just one whacky judge and it was proven so by the Appellate Court overturning the ruling.
How long do you think it will be before we have a Muslim on the Supreme Court??
Shocking to say the least but hardly proof that Sharia law will become US law. This is just one whacky judge and it was proven so by the Appellate Court overturning the ruling.

 

Just one step...gotta wait til it plays out. As Muslims get more control in America, I think we'll see this topic come up more often IMO.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.