Braves close to trade for Derrek Lee.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a Cubs fan I kind of hate to see Lee go, but I was talking with someone the other day that with the young guys like Colvin and Castro proving good, that guys like Lee and Ramirez need to be shipped in order to start the rebuilding process. I know I've said this a bunch, but it is one thing that absolutely kills me, Jim Hendry could have traded D Lee for Adrian Gonzalez two or three years ago and passed on the offer, since then Lee has been on a steady decline and Gonzalez has continued to be one of the better hitters in baseball.

Another trade that would make me throw up a little bit. I have not been impressed by the Braves moves this season AT ALL. Gonzalez has lost them as many games as he's helped win and Ankiel has been (predictably) underwhelming. The only positive is that Glaus has gone in the tank lately, so hopefully Lee couldn't be worse. But I do not expect this to really be much of a help at all, and as such is a waste o' money.

I'm for it. I've been for blowing the team up since the spring. Lee is a good 25/25 man. 25 homers and grounds into 25 double plays. While Lee has been a quiet leader, it's time to cultivate some new leadership and get rid of the ginormous contracts that have hamstrung them the last two years. Fukudome, Ramirez, Zambrano, and Nady should be the next dominos to fall.

I'm for it. I've been for blowing the team up since the spring. Lee is a good 25/25 man. 25 homers and grounds into 25 double plays. While Lee has been a quiet leader, it's time to cultivate some new leadership and get rid of the ginormous contracts that have hamstrung them the last two years. Fukudome, Ramirez, Zambrano, and Nady should be the next dominos to fall.

You think any of those will be traded this year?

You think any of those will be traded this year?

I think Nady will. I think the whole purpose of moving Zambrano back into the rotation was to showcase him for an offseason trade. The Cubs will be sellers in the offseason without a doubt. I'm ready to give the young'uns a try.