Huh? No more KR Sports in NKY??

Anyone know why? Did it just get too expensive? Did it become too much work? Or did the guys just decide they'd done it long enough and didn't feel the desire to do it any longer?

I liked them and thought they were good for the high school game.

Anyone know why? Did it just get too expensive? Did it become too much work? Or did the guys just decide they'd done it long enough and didn't feel the desire to do it any longer?

I liked them and thought they were good for the high school game.

Don't like hearing this...anybody know why?

The article cites that "due to a lack of advertising, they’ve been unable to formulate a broadcast schedule". Sounds like money issues. That's a real shame though.

I sat next to these guys during the 9th Region tourney and they were very nice guys. They did a great job on the radio and I am sure they have a legit reason for stepping back. I am pretty sure Kevin Rengering may have a son at Boone Co that plays sports and not sure about Randy Wilson. Family commitments can be a huge factor also.

The article cites that "due to a lack of advertising, they’ve been unable to formulate a broadcast schedule". Sounds like money issues. That's a real shame though.

If you consider that most of the ads were from the small local businesses, it is not surprising. The economy is tough for them (the small business owner) and the ads that they used to place that were done more as a community service than the business they brought in, had to be ended. Sadly, it is the reality of the times today.

I sat next to these guys during the 9th Region tourney and they were very nice guys. They did a great job on the radio and I am sure they have a legit reason for stepping back. I am pretty sure Kevin Rengering may have a son at Boone Co that plays sports and not sure about Randy Wilson. Family commitments can be a huge factor also.

He's at Beechwood.

Randy and Kevin have done a great job through the years; they will be missed for sure. I have been lucky enough to fill in, when one has been missing, the last few years. I can tell you that this was not an easy decision. Very simply, it came down to advertising dollars and the lack of a corporate sponsor. Hopefully, they will be back next year. Thanks for the great and entertaining job they both have done for many years, and the outstanding call of Holmes' state title at Rupp Arena.

Edited by Birdsfan
Rule 13

I'll definitely miss them up in the box - not to mention Cov Cath's statistician Rusty. Maybe Mark and Jason will move their operation down off the roof into the booth.

We will miss those guys. For the record, we prefer to be on top of the roof. Best view on campus. As long as it does not rain.