Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Boyle County/Johnson Central predictions

Who wins? 88 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

    • Boyle County
      72%
    • Johnson Central
      27%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Guys, I believe it's safe to go ahead and get this started because we are nearly one week away from kickoff. Now, alot of people are curious as to what the outcome will be of this game, myself included. Nevermind that Boyle County beat Johnson Central last season 49-7. The past is the past. These are two totally different teams. While Boyle County went 15-0 and won the state championship last year they lost some quality players. Rees MacShara, who accounted for over 3,000 yards rushing, being one of them of course. Johnson Central fans and players feel like they are the best team in 5A next to Highlands and some feel that they are even capable of beating those guys this year. Johnson Central does return alot of talent but so does Boyle County. This game features one of the top players in the country, Lamar Dawson. I know alot of fans are wanting to see how much he developed from last year. But nevermind all that. No doubt that this has all the ingredients to be great game. :thumb:

 

With all that being said, who wins? Why?

 

Boyle County @ Johnson Central, August 20th, kickoff 7:30 PM.

  • Replies 72
  • Views 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll step out and take a stab at it Charles.

 

I heard a lot about Johnson Central's running game last year and "if they hadn't fumbled 7 times and lost 4" then it would not have been a blowout. While true, the Eagles rushed for less than 90 yards on 44 carries in that game. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that they did not move the ball, with or without the fumbles.

 

With Boyle returning 7 quality starters on defense (especially the 4 linebackers they return), I just don't see the Eagles moving the ball on the ground consistently enough to win.

 

Boyle will struggle on offense without their #1 weapon but the Rebels have a capable QB and solid team of backs returning which I think means a return to the "mixing it up" in the French system.

 

That balance + great defense will win the day on the road for Boyle.

 

Boyle County 24

Johnson Central 7

 

:thumb:

  • Author
I'll step out and take a stab at it Charles.

 

I heard a lot about Johnson Central's running game last year and "if they hadn't fumbled 7 times and lost 4" then it would not have been a blowout. While true, the Eagles rushed for less than 90 yards on 44 carries in that game. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that they did not move the ball, with or without the fumbles.

 

With Boyle returning 7 quality starters on defense (especially the 4 linebackers they return), I just don't see the Eagles moving the ball on the ground consistently enough to win.

 

Boyle will struggle on offense without their #1 weapon but the Rebels have a capable QB and solid team of backs returning which I think means a return to the "mixing it up" in the French system.

 

That balance + great defense will win the day on the road for Boyle.

 

Boyle County 24

Johnson Central 7

 

:thumb:

 

I'm just building up for when I make my prediction! :thumb:

 

I agree with everything you had to say. Doesn't Boyle County return 8 returning defensive starters? Maybe I'm wrong.

Boyle 34-7

 

 

:thumb:

 

I think the 7 comes on special teams or off of a turnover. I don't think the JC offense will score on our defense.

 

I also don't think our offense will struggle like people think it will just because #2 isn't out there. The offense that hits the field next Friday hasn't had a problem scoring on anyone at any level since the 7th grade. They know what they are doing.

Seems like it should be a tight game, mostly because it's being played at Johnson Central. I suspect a close first half, maybe Boyle leading 14-7 at the break. I can't imagine the Boyle offense will be clicking on all cylinders to begin with this year. But the Rebels will put it away on the ground, churning yards and killing clock after the break. Johnson Central will be forced into throwing the ball, something they aren't comfortable with, and the game will get away from them.

 

Make it Boyle County 35 Johnson Central 7, although it will likely be closer than the score shows.

  • Author
:thumb:

 

I think the 7 comes on special teams or off of a turnover. I don't think the JC offense will score on our defense.

 

I also don't think our offense will struggle like people think it will just because #2 isn't out there. The offense that hits the field next Friday hasn't had a problem scoring on anyone at any level since the 7th grade. They know what they are doing.

 

You're right about that. I happen to think that the offense will be very successful next friday night.

Seems like it should be a tight game, mostly because it's being played at Johnson Central. I suspect a close first half, maybe Boyle leading 14-7 at the break. I can't imagine the Boyle offense will be clicking on all cylinders to begin with this year. But the Rebels will put it away on the ground, churning yards and killing clock after the break. Johnson Central will be forced into throwing the ball, something they aren't comfortable with, and the game will get away from them.

 

Make it Boyle County 35 Johnson Central 7, although it will likely be closer than the score shows.

 

I agree with everything you said except the bolded. How many passes did they attempt vs. Boyle or Highlands last year? 14 combined? Less?

 

The one thing that's interesting is that even if they are getting nailed, JC keeps running the ball as if getting yards is more important than getting back in the game or scoring. Just my take.

I think that Boyle County is the overall better football team between these 2, but I think that JC has been chomping at the bits for this one. The Eagles will be one of the better teams that Boyle will see this year untill the playoffs. The key for JC is to keep the football from the Rebels and eat the clock. I like the Eagles chances in this one with Matney having a chip on his shoulder because of last years game. I am going to call for the upset in Paintsville.

 

Boyle County: 21

Johnson Central: 23

No chance JC scores 23 on the Rebel defense. No chance at all.

I think that Boyle County is the overall better football team between these 2, but I think that JC has been chomping at the bits for this one. The Eagles will be one of the better teams that Boyle will see this year untill the playoffs. The key for JC is to keep the football from the Rebels and eat the clock. I like the Eagles chances in this one with Matney having a chip on his shoulder because of last years game. I am going to call for the upset in Paintsville.

 

Boyle County: 21

Johnson Central: 23

 

 

I've heard a lot about revenge in this season's rematch. Not just here Cover Corner but in a lot of posts.

 

To be honest I'm a little confused. :confused:

 

Right after last years contest the JC coach called out French for "running up the score" and threatened to buyout the contract.

 

This was the cry despite the fact that it was Boyle's JV squad that made the last 4th quarter march to score vs. the Eagle 1st string defense.

 

Then the cry from others in the JC camp was the turnovers led to the win. While a help, there was no mention of the Boyle defense maybe having a factor in those turnovers or the fact that the Eagle attack produced no points (it was a special teams TD that JC had in the contest).

 

I don't see anymore revenge on the side of the Eagles than on the side of the Rebels in this one. One team wants to attone for a shellacking and the other wants to shut up the excuses. :thumb:

Edited by Birdsfan

  • Author
I think that Boyle County is the overall better football team between these 2, but I think that JC has been chomping at the bits for this one. The Eagles will be one of the better teams that Boyle will see this year untill the playoffs. The key for JC is to keep the football from the Rebels and eat the clock. I like the Eagles chances in this one with Matney having a chip on his shoulder because of last years game. I am going to call for the upset in Paintsville.

 

Boyle County: 21

Johnson Central: 23

 

Johnson Central will not put up 23 points on Boyle County's defense. If so serve me up some crow. :thumb:

  • Author
I've heard a lot about revenge in this season's rematch. Not just here Cover Corner but in a lot of posts.

 

To be honest I'm a little confused. :confused:

 

Right after last years contest the JC coach called out French for "running up the score" and threatened to buyout the contract.

 

This was the cry despite the fact that it was Boyle's JV squad that made the last 4th quarter march to score vs. the Eagle 1st string defense.

 

Then the cry from others in the JC camp was the turnovers led to the win. While a help there was no mention of the Boyle defense maybe having a factor in those turnovers or the fact that the Eagle attack produced no points (it was a special teams TD that JC had in the contest).

 

I don't see anymore revenge on the side of the Eagles than on the side of the Rebels in this one. One team wants to attone for a shellacking and the other wants to shut up the excuses. :thumb:

 

I'll go with the team that wants to shut up the excuses. :ylsuper:

Johnson Central will not put up 23 points on Boyle County's defense. If so serve me up some crow. :thumb:

 

I did not say they would score them all on teh Boyle defense. I will say the JC offense puts 2 TDs on them though.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.