Still Peddling His Snake-oil

“I have a difficult task tonight,” Gore said. “I want to call you to action but I have to begin by telling you what you know, in all candor – the United States government in its entirety, largely because of the opposition in the United States Senate to taking action on clean energy and a solution to the climate crisis, has failed us.”

In July, Democratic leaders in the Senate called off any efforts to pass climate legislation because they said they considered the Gulf oil spill to be a larger more important crisis.

“In the last few months and weeks, the United States Senate has failed to meet the challenge of the climate crisis,” Gore said. “The Senate announced just last month that they would not take up comprehensive climate and clean energy legislation bringing to a temporary disappointing and frustrating halt a fight that we have been waging for the past year and a half and really longer – comprehensive legislation is now likely not to be debated when the Senate returns from the August recess.”

“There are a few voices though there’s still a chance it will be taken up but we have to have realistic view,” he continued. “They have failed. They have failed badly. And the possibility for a robust debate later this year is greatly diminished. And the possibility of a debate after the midterm elections in a lame-duck congressional session is also a very slim possibility indeed.”
:rolleyes:

Former vice president, now climate alarmism activist, bemoans the inability of the Senate to pass cap-and-trade legislation.

well it is hot outside. In reality if a person doesnt believe in climate change (GLOBAL WARMING) then you are crazy and should run for office with the rest of the loons.

A loon could run for King of that big chunk of Iceland that broke off

well it is hot outside. In reality if a person doesn’t believe in climate change (GLOBAL WARMING) then you are crazy and should run for office with the rest of the loons.
I always believe in Northern Hemisphere warming in August... and Northern Hemisphere cooling in January.

We just came off one of the coldest winters with record cold temps in many places.

I've never doubted the veracity of "climate change" it's been happening for millennia.

What I do question is the assertion that a significant percentage is due to the activities of mankind. I have no desire to foul our nest, but the whole issue of carbon credits and offsets and cap and trade seems to be a massive push to transfer wealth via a worldwide tax... beginning with the transfer of more wealth to the lead shaman, Al Gore.

Whatever. I don't know if the Earth is Heating up or not, but I do know that we all need to be better stewards of what's been given to use. Consume less, reuse more and recycle as much as we can. Ride bikes instead of drive, conserve water and plant trees. These things make the Earth a better place without having to go alarmist.

Whatever. I don't know if the Earth is Heating up or not, but I do know that we all need to be better stewards of what's been given to use. Consume less, reuse more and recycle as much as we can. Ride bikes instead of drive, conserve water and plant trees. These things make the Earth a better place without having to go alarmist.
I have no problem with that, it's the ridiculous crap like cap and trade and Al Gore's pursuit to line his pockets at our expense with his fear mongering I have a problem with.

:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

Just wondering how much energy Zoot Soup & rockmom have conserved over the last year by riding their bikes.

I walk. Don't own a bike. But, as many of the posters here on BGP can attest, I walk ALOT, and not just for excercise.

Just wondering how much energy Zoot Soup & rockmom have conserved over the last year by riding their bikes.

I ride bike to work 4 times a week. 10 miles round trip. So that's 40 miles a week, 2080 miles in the last year. Now divide that by about 18 miles a gallon city driving and I've saved about 115 gallons or about $315 in the last year.

Not saying you have to do it. I'd just be satisfied if more people recycled.

I ride bike to work 4 times a week. 10 miles round trip. So that's 40 miles a week, 2080 miles in the last year. Now divide that by about 18 miles a gallon city driving and I've saved about 115 gallons or about $315 in the last year.

Not saying you have to do it. I'd just be satisfied if more people recycled.

Zoot Soup-serious question. I do recycle plastic and paper, but am curious as to whether you think the garbage companies properly recycle these products? Sometimes I wonder if all this putting things in different piles is worth anything at all. Just asking?

Zoot Soup-serious question. I do recycle plastic and paper, but am curious as to whether you think the garbage companies properly recycle these products? Sometimes I wonder if all this putting things in different piles is worth anything at all. Just asking?

I'm not really sure. I'm on city garbage and recycling pickup and recently they told us that we don't have to spearate it out at all. I don't really know how the process works. Maybe I don't want to know. I don't want to be disappointed. :D

I'd just be satisfied if more people recycled.
That's what I'd call the bike ride back to work after I realized I forgot something important at home.

"I left the presentation folder on the coffee table, so I biked home and recycled back to the office."