Limbaugh Stirs It Up Again

Clyde

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/08/06/rush-limbaugh-media-givin_n_674071.html

Let me preface this with the fact that I haven't read the transcript to see what he said prior to the clip. I know in the past his quotes aren't as serious or as offensive as they initially seemed once context was added.

With that said I doubt there's any context that can change his claim here.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear sweet Lord, we've got an oil spill, Iran trying to get nukes, North Korea going crazy, an economic system on the brink, hemorraging jobs right and left and what does Limbaugh fuss about? The First Lady taking her daughter on vacation to Spain. Unbelievable.

Dear sweet Lord, we've got an oil spill, Iran trying to get nukes, North Korea going crazy, an economic system on the brink, hemorraging jobs right and left and what does Limbaugh fuss about? The First Lady taking her daughter on vacation to Spain. Unbelievable.

And who knows how much tax dollars this took to get done, because she took 70 people with her. Secret Service and all. The Obama's have only had 4 vacations in the past two months. Let the Americans "eat cake".

And who knows how much tax dollars this took to get done, because she took 70 people with her. Secret Service and all. The Obama's have only had 4 vacations in the past two months. Let the Americans "eat cake".

Should we not send Secret Service? Are we saying that the President and his/her family can't travel?

Regardless the issue isn't about cost. The issue is El Rushbo's comments that the Obama's feel like they deserve the trip because they're black and of the "slave past."

How in the world does one support that?

I've read that it doesn't look good because of how expensive it is as compared to the vaca the average American family can afford. Are we that lame? Didnt the Obama's make 7 figures off of a book? They've got the money. Why should I care how expensive their vaca is as compared to my family's? We're a nation of whiners.

4 vacations in a month...

Tax payer dollars involved...

Economic dispair...

Massive environmental catastrophe...

Double dip recession...

Tax increases coming...

Let them eat cake...

Black or not, is this the time?

Plus I don't judge on the content of one's skin, but the character of one's content. Obama's content is out of touch with America right now. Tell me who is out of touch here, the "nation of whiners" or the White House?

Edited by Lucky Charms

Should we not send Secret Service? Are we saying that the President and his/her family can't travel?

Regardless the issue isn't about cost. The issue is El Rushbo's comments that the Obama's feel like they deserve the trip because they're black and of the "slave past."

How in the world does one support that?

No doubt some of the BGP membership will conveniently overlook this.

The Obamas came into office complaining how those with money were ignoring the plight of the average American, but yet they act just like the people they complained about.

Obama said that the car company leaders should not fly their private jets, yet she takes off in one of the taxpayers funded jets. Then Obama uses a heliocopter to go 6 miles.

Obama tells the corporate big wigs to stay home and not go to Vegas. Now the Obamas may be paying for her personal expenses in Spain, but what about the tab for all the government servives?

Maybe they should live their lives the way they want others to live theirs.

As far as Rush, he likes to stirs up things and the point he wants to make is that the old main stream press are giving the elitist Obamas a pass.

4 vacations in a month...

Tax payer dollars involved...

Economic dispair...

Massive environmental catastrophe...

Double dip recession...

Tax increases coming...

Let them eat cake...

Black or not, is this the time?

Plus I don't judge on the content of one's skin, but the character of one's content. Obama's content is out of touch with America right now. Tell me who is out of touch here, the "nation of whiners" or the White House?

I think you got that backwards there, bud. :D

But seriously, is this where we are as a nation? The president's wife can't even go to Spain without people breathing down her neck? Over 1 million Americans go to Spain each year and many more multiples of that travel abroad. So why the whining? She paid her personal expenses, the only cost incurred on taxpayers was the Secret Service and flight, both of which she had no option on. You know all former presidents are under SS protect still to this day, right? So if Bush (either of them) decided they wanted to go to Spain, there would be SS tagging along for that, too. And they're not even current presidents! I doubt most Americans have their own bodyguards. Do you?

And the reason I keep ignoring this Rush comment is that we all know he's an idiot. Spews highly offensive stuff to get listeners. It's his schtick.

I've read that it doesn't look good because of how expensive it is as compared to the vaca the average American family can afford. Are we that lame? Didnt the Obama's make 7 figures off of a book? They've got the money. Why should I care how expensive their vaca is as compared to my family's? We're a nation of whiners.

I don't disagree with them taking the vacation if they can afford it. What I do have a problem with is it costing tax payers $350,000. If they have the money then let them pick up the whole tab.

Really don't like Rush, however the President and his Family does (IMO) have a responsibility to our Country to set an example and to spend even their own money, much less the taxpayers money to take a vacation to Spain is a bit much during these times of such hardship on so many of our citizens.

If they were taking their vacation in the USA, at least they could say they are helping out the economy in the area they were visiting but going to Spain? A bit much IMO at this time!

I don't disagree with them taking the vacation if they can afford it. What I do have a problem with is it costing tax payers $350,000. If they have the money then let them pick up the whole tab.

Wouldn't this be inconsistent with how we have done things in the past? Why should this president "pick up the tab" when others haven't?