Limbaugh Stirs It Up Again

Clyde

There seems to be a lot of jealousy and envy in this thread, two of the uglier human traits...:D I just find it hard to believe that this is even seriously talked about as an issue, especially when the ones making it an issue supported the President who took the most vacation ever. 487 days at Camp David and 490 days in Crawford. :confused:

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There seems to be a lot of jealousy and envy in this thread, two of the uglier human traits...:D I just find it hard to believe that this is even seriously talked about as an issue, especially when the ones making it an issue supported the President who took the most vacation ever. 487 days at Camp David and 490 days in Crawford. :confused:

I'm not in the camp that cast aspersions on President Bush for going to Crawford. In my mind the only way you can criticize him is if you believe he was truly out of contact with the WH. No way that's true.

Agree with the security expense issue, but you must agree that the media reaction (fever pitch negativity) to the Bush's trips to his ranch in Texas were a little different than the Obama's exploits??
Fever pitch?

You seem to remember it diffrerently than I do.

:thumb:

I hope people realize anytime Michelle Obama travels for the rest of her life she will be under Secret Service protection on the taxpayer's dime.

I thought the law was changed in the 90's so that Clinton is the last president to receive protection for life. I thought those after him receive 10 years unless they waive it.

I thought the law was changed in the 90's so that Clinton is the last president to receive protection for life. I thought those after him receive 10 years unless they waive it.

I believe you're right.

A president is never really on vacation. There will always be some type of problem happening that affects the US so if a president waited until things were calm he might never get to leave Washington.

Heck, many of us today are never completely away from "the office" when we're on vacation. I know I'm not . So to think that the POTUS is somehow disconnected is asinine.

I am about as anti Obama as anybody, but honestly a First Lady taking a trip overseas is nothing new. Rush is Rush, half of what he says he blows way out of proportion and the other half the Democrats blow out of proportion.

Fever pitch?

You seem to remember it diffrerently than I do.

Appears to be selective memory loss--A condition quite common on the left!! You know like the "smartest women in the world" testifying about a zillion times--"You know, I can't recall"?? :D

Were did you get these numbers? The camp David numbers seem very high. even the home visits even seem a bit high.

As opposed to those who made an issue when Bush left the White House but now justify the same thing happening with Obama? :idunno: