Bengals Training Camp/Preseason

Loaded up the family truckster today and made the trek to Georgetown College to see the Bengals practice. Lots of Who Dey flags, decals and jerseys on the drive down. The folks at Georgetown are great hosts. There is abundent parking on site for $15.00. Several fields adjacent to campus have parking for $10.00. Admission to practice is free. Some impressions... Great to see Reggie Kelly on the field. Jonathan Joseph was back on the field but looked a bit tentative. Shipley catches everything. Matt Jones had several drops. Malaluga delivered a blow to Bernard Scott that sounded like a shotgun blast. Dhani and Tank were rah rah the whole time. It was a very enjoyable experience.

6,500 at Saturday's practice, a new record. Kind of reminds me of the build up during the early Marvin years during camp.

I agree that Gresham needs to be here, RK if healthy is an extra tackle but this offense could cause fits with a pass catching TE patrolling the seam.

I also am beginning to wonder if Andre Smith will every pan out. Apparently Marvin isn't too happy with the Bama coaching staff at this point. Still fat and out of shape and he didn't rehab his broken foot, that's not a good indication for a multi millionaire who's yet to even make an impact. Smith and Cody aren't a good example for any Tide player with double D's who hope to be drafted high.

I heard last night's crowd was the biggest non-scrimmage crowd ever.

After the season they had last year plus Ocho and TO on the field together, people are just trying to get any look they can and hope something exciting happens. I'm more excited for this season than I have been since Marvin's first year.

I believe my parents are taking my 10 year old niece down to watch Monday night's practice. My mother had said something about how nice it would be to get picture of my niece with Ocho. I then proceeded to tell her just how many people are showing up at these things, she would have a better chance of getting her photo with Shoeless Joe Jackson. :lol:

It's been 1 year relax. Guys who are 350 pounds don't recover very fast from foot injuries.

I'm good, just frustrated. This guy was a #1 pick. Didn't he show up out of shape before the foot injury occurred last year? I just hope this isn't one of those injuries that lingers throughout his career. I can see that happening, hope I'm wrong. Just hope he's not another wasted high pick by the Bengals. Wasted #1's are hard to recover from.

6,500 at Saturday's practice, a new record. Kind of reminds me of the build up during the early Marvin years during camp.

I agree that Gresham needs to be here, RK if healthy is an extra tackle but this offense could cause fits with a pass catching TE patrolling the seam.

I also am beginning to wonder if Andre Smith will every pan out. Apparently Marvin isn't too happy with the Bama coaching staff at this point. Still fat and out of shape and he didn't rehab his broken foot, that's not a good indication for a multi millionaire who's yet to even make an impact. Smith and Cody aren't a good example for any Tide player with double D's who hope to be drafted high.

Wow 6,500... Pittsburgh had around 10,000 for their first camp practice and that was below average. :lol:

I'm good, just frustrated. This guy was a #1 pick. Didn't he show up out of shape before the foot injury occurred last year? I just hope this isn't one of those injuries that lingers throughout his career. I can see that happening, hope I'm wrong. Just hope he's not another wasted high pick by the Bengals. Wasted #1's are hard to recover from.

I'm not saying he won't be a bust because he might be. :lol: Just to early to tell, but it is not a good start.