Let's talk about the Red's broadcasters.

I am getting tired of reading discussion about the Red's broadcasters on other posts that have virtually nothing to do with them. So let's have at it on this thread. Who do you like/dislike on the Red's broadcast team? How did they get to be broadcasters? Are any of them Hall of Fame material besides Marty? Does Marty deserve to be a Hall of Famer? What ever topic you desire to discuss on the broadcast team but let's leave it to that topic please.

Since this was directed at me primarily I will say-Marty Hall of Famer. Jeff Brantley entertaining, but I predict the country boy act will grow weary in a few years. Chris Welsh-vanilla. Thom Brennaman-I can do without personally. Not nearly as good as his Dad, but I do believe he orchestrates all the game assignments and what. Reminds me of Brent Musberger-every pitch is the biggest ever. Jim Kelsch (sp) has been trying for a long time to break into the majors after doing the Bats games in Louisville a long time. Too soon to tell how he will work out. Every once in a while he will give that broadcaster "deep voice" call that I don't care for, but am willing to give him a shot.

I don't mind any of them. I'll disagree with GT on Kelsch.

I like the addition of Paul Keels as well.

Boy Clyde I really don't like him for baseball, and I think he is awesome at football.

Since this was directed at me primarily I will say-Marty Hall of Famer. Jeff Brantley entertaining, but I predict the country boy act will grow weary in a few years. Chris Welsh-vanilla. Thom Brennaman-I can do without personally. Not nearly as good as his Dad, but I do believe he orchestrates all the game assignments and what. Reminds me of Brent Musberger-every pitch is the biggest ever. Jim Kelsch (sp) has been trying for a long time to break into the majors after doing the Bats games in Louisville a long time. Too soon to tell how he will work out. Every once in a while he will give that broadcaster "deep voice" call that I don't care for, but am willing to give him a shot.

Agree with your thoughts on Marty and the Cowboy. Chris Welsh is a know-it-all imo. He would be fine if he would just shut up once in awhile and let us listen to the game. He tries to explain everything as if listeners don't know anything about baseball. Thom I think is a little overated and daddy has to reign him in every once in awhile but he seems to be well thought of by Fox. I can't handle Kells and like GT wish they would have hired Hoard.

I don't mind any of them. I'll disagree with GT on Kelsch.

I like the addition of Paul Keels as well.

Just researched this and found out that Keels and Kelsch are two different guys? I guess I'll have to listen a little harder. The one I have a problem with is the one that shows very little emotion. You never know whether the Red's are winning or losing.

Now are Keels and Kelsch two different guys?

Yes Kelsch-as best I know of him was the long time announcer for the Louisville Bats. Keels does Ohio State football, and used to do the Bengals on the radio.

Would love to see them get Joe Morgan in the booth once in a while. I have always love his insight. He's on the payroll, right? Sometimes, I think Marty needs to leave his ego at the door.

I'm with you on Joe Morgan.