Paul Rains forced to resign at Lexington Christian Academy

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys... let it rest... no need to continue kicking the dog while it's down.

"Jesus bent down and wrote with his finger in the dirt. They kept at him, badgering him. He straightened up and said, "The sinless one among you, go first: Throw the stone." Bending down again, he wrote some more in the dirt." John 8:7

"For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you." Matthew 7:2

But you don't dispute the fact that Coach Rains was forced out? Or at least told quit or be fired?

I read into the article above as perhaps he may need the Public sector for retirement or benefit reasons. Not sure here, does Public vs Private count as same tenure in the state of KY when it comes to retirement?

And I guess the other question would be is there more benefits available from Public than Private? Not trying to start a Pub vs Priv debate here but if there is differences could this be a financial decision. JMO,

Guys... let it rest... no need to continue kicking the dog while it's down.

"Jesus bent down and wrote with his finger in the dirt. They kept at him, badgering him. He straightened up and said, "The sinless one among you, go first: Throw the stone." Bending down again, he wrote some more in the dirt." John 8:7

"For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you." Matthew 7:2

I agree 100%. I am starting to think the haters are only hating because they are upset that such a great person and coach has left their kids, family and program when they are on top of the world and are just basically venting their frustrations. I asked in another post could this be because of financial reasons due to the fact that he needs more help for a sick family member and the current situation cant support his needs? If this is the reason he has left, then the haters should let it go and thank the man for building their community and program into a winner. JMO

I will be the first to say that I think Coach Rains got a really crappy deal out of all of this. I'm aware of the "morals" clause and I am also aware of how this all went down. I think it stinks and I think its unfair, but with that being said, it is what it is. Coach Rains will coach again, and all of these little cowards on here making your little snide remarks regarding what happened can go crawl back into your little hole, because its quite obvious that you lack the guts and the testicular fortitude to go say those things to the man's face.

I will be the first to say that I think Coach Rains got a really crappy deal out of all of this. I'm aware of the "morals" clause and I am also aware of how this all went down. I think it stinks and I think its unfair, but with that being said, it is what it is. Coach Rains will coach again, and all of these little cowards on here making your little snide remarks regarding what happened can go crawl back into your little hole, because its quite obvious that you lack the guts and the testicular fortitude to go say those things to the man's face.

Classic! I'm right there with you.

Coach Rains is a good friend and is always willing to lend a helping hand and has always been a great role model for the kids he coaches. Knowing this fine man as I do I know he will land on his feet but more than that he will never hold ill feelings for those who have put him down. As always Coach Rains I wish you all the luck in the world and I will keep you in my prayers!

The article stated he needed to get his retirement in order meaning he needed to get in his public school years in for his pension which makes perfect sense and would be a decision made by him. Some here are saying forced out, if so there must be alot more to the story than is being told here making a judgement on where myself and others stand pretty much impossible. One thing is for sure, he left on top on the field and if he made that decision on his own then that is a great way to leave.

Paul is a good man. He did get a crappy deal, but you want hear him say that, he has too much class. Paul will be back on the sideline in a great School and Program Soon. Good Luck and I hope I get the chance to help you some day as you have helped me.

Guys, first of all, my wise crack about the concert was a bit over the top and for that I apologize. I have made many good friends on this site with LCA supporter's and I would not want to jeparodize that. I have had the pleasure of getting to know Coach Rains on a football basis only and he seems like a good guy. But to say that he got a crappy deal is wrong. I am not judging the man but if there is a morale clause in his contract and he broke it then he got what was coming to him and I applaud LCA for sticking to their word and not giving in based on athletic success. I do believe in forgiveness and I ask God for it everyday. I know that Coach Rains would never do anything purposeful to harm LCA or it's athletic programs. I know that his successor will do a great job with the program and I believe that Coach Rains will bounce back ASAP and do a great job wherever the coaching road leads him.

Which leads me to the main question in regards to Coach Rains' forced resignation. Who wanted him gone so bad that they would do what they have been accused of doing?

Again, I apologize to Coach Rains and the LCA fans on BGP's for my tasteless post. See you guys in October!!!!!!!!

Guys, first of all, my wise crack about the concert was a bit over the top and for that I apologize. I have made many good friends on this site with LCA supporter's and I would not want to jeparodize that. I have had the pleasure of getting to know Coach Rains on a football basis only and he seems like a good guy. But to say that he got a crappy deal is wrong. I am not judging the man but if there is a morale clause in his contract and he broke it then he got what was coming to him and I applaud LCA for sticking to their word and not giving in based on athletic success. I do believe in forgiveness and I ask God for it everyday. I know that Coach Rains would never do anything purposeful to harm LCA or it's athletic programs. I know that his successor will do a great job with the program and I believe that Coach Rains will bounce back ASAP and do a great job wherever the coaching road leads him.

Which leads me to the main question in regards to Coach Rains' forced resignation. Who wanted him gone so bad that they would do what they have been accused of doing?

Again, I apologize to Coach Rains and the LCA fans on BGP's for my tasteless post. See you guys in October!!!!!!!!

That's a great post Doc.

It is nice to see a very mature retraction on a chat room site.

Doesn't happen very often.

Nicely done!