Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Haunted houses/areas in KY or Ohio

Featured Replies

Anyone know of some good places to go in KY and even Ohio that are haunted? Me and some friends were want to check a few out.

Bobby Mackey's on Ky 9 between Newport and Wilder

Bobby Mackey's on Ky 9 between Newport and Wilder

 

Then afterwards you can visit The Playpen, where stretch marks and boils are prerequisite.

Bobby Mackey's on Ky 9 between Newport and Wilder

 

I think they had an episode of Ghost Hunters from there. Pretty wild stories in the past of that place.

 

Another is Waverly Hills Sanitarium in L'ville. I have been once, pretty eery. My wife has been twice. We have been on the 2 hour tours, but the 4 hour and all nights book up so fast, we haven't been able to get one of the later, longer tours.

The Hayswood Hospital in Maysville is supposedly haunted.

There are a few places in Carter County that are suppose to be haunted. I woundn't make a special trip for it, but if you're in the area you could check out Bethel Hill.

Then afterwards you can visit The Playpen, where stretch marks and boils are prerequisite.

 

Even when I was going to NKU I wouldn't go there, despite their adverts suggesting hot college co-eds were the main attraction. And I've been known to hit a gentlemen's club or two here and there. :D

I've always had an interest in ghost stories, especially in Kentucky. I stumbled across this site not long ago, and it has some interesting stuff.

 

Kentucky Ghost Sightings

Not a believer in any way, shape or form. I spent many, many hours working alone in the Latin Quarter in the late 60's and 70's. Not a whiff of anything out of the ordinary. Of course, that was during the day and ghosts only come out at night. Seems to me in became haunted when Bobby Mackey bought it.

I was never a believer until I had my own experience one night, and since then I consider my self a paranormal enthusiast. I watch about every ghost show that comes on, Ghost Adventures, Ghost Hunters, Paranormal State, etc. Ever since that happened I have just been so interested in ghosts and other paranormal activities. I know its hard to believe or take seriously if you have never had anything happen to you, but if you just opened your mind and realized there is more to this world than what we can understand, there is a lot of mind blowing stuff out there.

 

 

Waverly Hills and Bobby Mackeys are two of the most active places in the world, we are lucky to have those gems in Kentucky.

But it took your own personal experience to open your mind. I suppose if anything ever happens to me, I'll buy into it more. Like I said, the "most active Bobby Mackey's" wasn't so active before he bought it. Maybe he has a ghost attached to him.

^^^75 center :thumb::thumb::thumb: I think you got it right !!

But it took your own personal experience to open your mind. I suppose if anything ever happens to me, I'll buy into it more. Like I said, the "most active Bobby Mackey's" wasn't so active before he bought it. Maybe he has a ghost attached to him.

 

Based on the documentaries I've seen about it, deaths took place there as far back as the 1800s, and that sightings and other odd experiences went on well before he bought it. Granted, it makes for good publicity that there are things going on, and I don't get the impression that Mackey discourages the ghost scuttlebutt because it's good for business. Plus, with more media outlets and a large ghost-hunting subculture, aided by TV and the Internet, it just gets more attention than it would have before a famous country singer bought it.

Based on the documentaries I've seen about it, deaths took place there as far back as the 1800s, and that sightings and other odd experiences went on well before he bought it. Granted, it makes for good publicity that there are things going on, and I don't get the impression that Mackey discourages the ghost scuttlebutt because it's good for business. Plus, with more media outlets and a large ghost-hunting subculture, aided by TV and the Internet, it just gets more attention than it would have before a famous country singer bought it.

 

:thumb:

 

 

The main activity centers around the homicide and decapitation of someone who's head ended up tossed in a cellar well on the Bob Mackey property. That happened around early 1900's I believe. Then a employee named Johanna fell in love with a singer there around 1940 I believe, her father found out she was going to run off with the singer and killed him. Johana acted by trying to poison her father and herself. The father did not die, but she did. It is said that a lot of satanic rituals have taken place in the past around where the well was the decapitated head got tossed down. Alonzo Jackson, one of the murderers was claimed to be a satanist himself. All of these rituals and things of evil is believed to have opened a portal to the otherside on the property. One of the tenants after Bobby Mackey purchased the business, named Carl lived in an upstairs apartment in the night club. It is fact that he had to undergo a real life exorcism because he became possessed by evil spirits.

 

Like Shoe said, stuffs been going on there and reported there for a while. Mackey was just smart enough to publicize the sightings. As of today I think Mackey says he has never experienced anything. However, his wife will not enter the building due to her experiences. There is even signs there that read that the establishment is not responsible for any activity that may be credited to be of the paranormal. I would love to get to visit someday, I have never been on an actual ghost hunt, but would love to get into it as a hobby. I even have my own team name in mind, P.C.P. (Pike County Paranormal) :D :lol: :D :lol:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.