Steve Hart New Head Coach At Ludlow

DIII will be way down next year. Other than Beechwood who will be very strong, Dayton lost everyone, and Calvary lost their top players. Bellevue is still rebuilding. Villa loses their leading scorer, Heritage may not have a team, and Silver Grove lost their coach and may struggle to get a team together. I think with those teams Ludlow can find some wins against their DIII schedule.

• 2 weeks later...
This guy can coach................he took less than nothing at Silver Grove and had them contending in Class A and 38th District....very impressive guy. Kudos to Ludlow.

While I admit that Steve did more than a creditable job at Silver Grove, calling his cast of charaters "less than nothing" is a bit demeaning.

Jimmy Horstman and the McCarter boys were not chopped liver. These guys could play with anybody. I'm not sure if Steve coached the Pelle's or not, but they could play a little themselves.

I'm curious if Steve still has his old marker board, and will break it out this season in his new role with the Panthers - Classic!

While I admit that Steve did more than a creditable job at Silver Grove, calling his cast of charaters "less than nothing" is a bit demeaning.

Jimmy Horstman and the McCarter boys were not chopped liver. These guys could play with anybody. I'm not sure if Steve coached the Pelle's or not, but they could play a little themselves.

I'm curious if Steve still has his old marker board, and will break it out this season in his new role with the Panthers - Classic!

Agree totally Mustang. Steve is a great coach, but he did have some talent at his time at the Grove.

Agree totally Mustang. Steve is a great coach, but he did have some talent at his time at the Grove.

But that program was a mess when Steve took over in 1996 and there was no discipline and no dedication to getting better. Steve grabbed the kids in the grade schools (McCarters/Horstmens, etc at the time) and showed them that there was something to look forward to when they reached HS. He should be able to get the most out of the kids in Ludlow.

But that program was a mess when Steve took over in 1996 and there was no discipline and no dedication to getting better. Steve grabbed the kids in the grade schools (McCarters/Horstmens, etc at the time) and showed them that there was something to look forward to when they reached HS. He should be able to get the most out of the kids in Ludlow.

Good point. Ludlow, as I know it, could be a very similar situation so I'd look for improvement in the next 2-3 years.