Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UK Staff

Featured Replies

Wasn't it noted for a while Rod had a Tubby like view to recruiting?

  • Replies 39
  • Views 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wasn't a big fan of Strickland as a coach from what I have been hearing. It would be good to change it up and get him doing something else.

I wasn't a big fan of Strickland as a coach from what I have been hearing. It would be good to change it up and get him doing something else.

 

He's an asset though. He was a great NBA guard, that's worth something.

The Maggard screenshot on KSR is hilarious.

 

It's always amateur hour at KSR.

The Maggard screenshot on KSR is hilarious.

 

Not fan of KSR at all, but that's :lol:.

I have heard Kenny Payne's name mentioned the last 4 or 5 years in being a very good recruiter.

It's always amateur hour at KSR.

 

Regardless of what you think of KSR, here is Maggards take on the situation this morning..

 

"Today's popular rumor is that Kenny Payne is going to join UK as an assistant coach for next season. This is absolutely false. There are 4 coaching spots at UK. Next year, they will continue to be filled by the same people who are filling them right now; John Calipari (ignore all NBA rumors), John Robic, Orlando Antigua & Rod Strickland. There will be no changes in the coaching staff at all."

Regardless of what you think of KSR, here is Maggards take on the situation this morning..

 

"Today's popular rumor is that Kenny Payne is going to join UK as an assistant coach for next season. This is absolutely false. There are 4 coaching spots at UK. Next year, they will continue to be filled by the same people who are filling them right now; John Calipari (ignore all NBA rumors), John Robic, Orlando Antigua & Rod Strickland. There will be no changes in the coaching staff at all."

 

Wow which info should we take, Maggard's or Gametime's? Did I really just ask that question?:lol:

 

Like just about everyone else on here, I'll go with GT. He has a much better track record.:thumb:

Regardless of what you think of KSR, here is Maggards take on the situation this morning..

 

"Today's popular rumor is that Kenny Payne is going to join UK as an assistant coach for next season. This is absolutely false. There are 4 coaching spots at UK. Next year, they will continue to be filled by the same people who are filling them right now; John Calipari (ignore all NBA rumors), John Robic, Orlando Antigua & Rod Strickland. There will be no changes in the coaching staff at all."

 

I hope GT is right I would like to have Payne.

KSR reported this at 11:05 & cited Brett Dawson's twitter account. :p

 

Apparently Strickland would prefer not to do the traveling that is included in recruiting, which I find a bit strange.

 

Sounds like, if Payne would come to Kentucky, UK could have the best staff in the land.

^GT said it wasn't a certainty, so Maggard may be right on this one. I hope not though.

^GT said it wasn't a certainty, so Maggard may be right on this one. I hope not though.

 

 

I hope he is wrong too (which he is 95% of the time), would love to have Payne here.

He's an asset though. He was a great NBA guard, that's worth something.

 

Well this works out well. Now he can be more of a figure head position. I am just not a fan of him as a coach. And his off the court troubles are bothersome too.

Regardless of what you think of KSR, here is Maggards take on the situation this morning..

 

"Today's popular rumor is that Kenny Payne is going to join UK as an assistant coach for next season. This is absolutely false. There are 4 coaching spots at UK. Next year, they will continue to be filled by the same people who are filling them right now; John Calipari (ignore all NBA rumors), John Robic, Orlando Antigua & Rod Strickland. There will be no changes in the coaching staff at all."

 

This was actually posted yesterday, not today.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.