Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UK Staff

Featured Replies

Rod Strickland is moving from bench assistant to an admin role in a move that is going to make way for former UL player and ace recruiter Kenny Payne...

  • Replies 39
  • Views 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, that's pretty big news.

  • Author

Payne was most recently at Oregon where he was the lead recruiter on............you guessed it.... Terrence Jones...

Payne was most recently at Oregon where he was the lead recruiter on............you guessed it.... Terrence Jones...

 

And people think that soap operas are fiction. :lol:

Oh wow...:popcorn:

Payne was most recently at Oregon where he was the lead recruiter on............you guessed it.... Terrence Jones...

 

Will this make a difference in Jones decision you think?

  • Author
Will this make a difference in Jones decision you think?

With Jones nothing is certain until the LOI is signed and delivered (if he decides to sign before the deadline passes). That said it certainly can't hurt...

This is very very interesting. I was about to start this thread actually, but gametime beat me to it. What a staff Cal has put together if they all end up staying. Sad that Strickland put himself in this situation to be demoted. Wonder if this was a decision made by Cal or Barnhart. I hadn't heard that Payne was automatically getting that open assistant coaching slot but I hope it is true, and that Jones comes to UK.

 

:dancingpa

  • Author

Payne isn't a certainty, but I would be absolutely shocked if he doesn't get the job. He and Antigua would be hands down the best combo of recruiting assistants in the country...

I mean from UK's perspectitive that is who I think they want is Payne. I just didn't know if Payne wanted to come here.

  • Author
I mean from UK's perspectitive that is who I think they want is Payne. I just didn't know if Payne wanted to come here.

He and Cal are very tight, and he's out of a job. 1+1...

So was Rob benched because of his DUI or was it because he is a poor coach?

So was Rob benched because of his DUI or was it because he is a poor coach?

 

In essence, I think they just wanted to have a spot for Payne. And they could point to the DUI as a reason to demote somebody. Anyway it doesn't really matter, all that matters is this is a dream staff if they stick together.

  • Author
So was Rob benched because of his DUI or was it because he is a poor coach?

It's been swirling for a while that he wasn't fond of the recruiting side of the job. I'd say it was a combo of both and Payne being available after the coaching change at Oregon...

Payne is a WWW man too.

 

How ironic, Payne at UK and McCarty at UofL. Who would've thunk it. Man, Payne was one of my all-time favorites...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.