Harrison County 19 Bishop Brossart 2

Congratulations Coach Mac Whitaker on victory 900!

Winning 900 games is flipping amazing. Unless my KERA math is wrong, that's Averging 25 wins a season for 36 seasons. That's slightly impressive.

Maybe someone can help me here, how many years has Whitaker been coaching, and how many of those are 25 or more win seasons?

Winning 900 games is flipping amazing. Unless my KERA math is wrong, that's Averging 25 wins a season for 36 seasons. That's slightly impressive.

Maybe someone can help me here, how many years has Whitaker been coaching, and how many of those are 25 or more win seasons?

Agree, heard this on the news this morning.

Congratulations to Coach Whitaker.

Any reason Brossart waited until HC got there before they took infield? I'm fairly certain they (BB) knew HC wouldn't be there until 5:15. Just wondering.

I wasn't at the game but I wouldn't take infield till the other team arrived either.

And major congratulations to Coach Whitaker! I have to believe that is the state record for wins and maybe by a wide margin. Who are the other leaders in career wins?

I wasn't at the game but I wouldn't take infield till the other team arrived either.

And major congratulations to Coach Whitaker! I have to believe that is the state record for wins and maybe by a wide margin. Who are the other leaders in career wins?

The PRP Coach has the most wins in Kentucky History.

The PRP Coach has the most wins in Kentucky History.

I went to the KHSAA site and found the records. This list is from 2008, so it is a little behind but it looks like Miller at PRP and Whitaker are neck and neck, but neither is #1 all time. Here is the list:

1. Larry Gum Green County 1,006 wins

2. Don Richardson Madison Central 951 wins

3. Bill Miller PRP @ 910 wins

4. Mac Whitaker Harrison Co. 900 wins

5. Charlie Adkins Johnson Central/Paintsville 785

6. Bill Krumpelbeck Cov Cath 775 wins

Richardson is the leader in winning percentage at 951-157 for 85.8%. That is an average record of 27-4.5 over 35 seasons. Amazing.

Here is a link to the list if you want to see it:

http://www.khsaa.org/records/baseball/cumulativebacoachrec.pdf