UL/ UK

CoachBuckett

This seems odd considering the HC was the DC of one of the better defenses in the game for a number of years. I'm not disagreeing with you though, because I've heard the same thing. I would think he would be able to put together an alright D.

Maybe in time, but Coach Strong has to have some playmakers on that side of the ball to implement his scheme effectively.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Adam Froman will be the starter. He is more than capable of being the #1 QB, and he's the best option.

How does he play? I'm worried about having a QB to run that system for them. Is he fast or very big?

This seems odd considering the HC was the DC of one of the better defenses in the game for a number of years. I'm not disagreeing with you though, because I've heard the same thing. I would think he would be able to put together an alright D.

Strong's defensive philosophy is going to need some athletes. I don't know if they are going to have the players to do that this year. I'm sure it will improve, but I don't know that it can be that much better. In 2-3 years, I expect their defense to be lights out though, especially in the Big East. Let's be honest, I expect U of L to rule the Big East after a couple of years, provided the league doesn't break up and Strong stays.

• 2 weeks later...
How does he play? I'm worried about having a QB to run that system for them. Is he fast or very big?

Good size QB, off the top of my head I'd say 6'4"... Can be very mobile if he needs to be, but is a pocket passer. Can be very effective running the ball.

Good size QB, off the top of my head I'd say 6'4"... Can be very mobile if he needs to be, but is a pocket passer. Can be very effective running the ball.

Ran a hand timed 4.5 in the forty this year, easily the most athletic starting QB in quite sometime, add to that his size, and I am excited.

Ran a hand timed 4.5 in the forty this year, easily the most athletic starting QB in quite sometime, add to that his size, and I am excited.

Now we have to remember those Urban Meyer coaches have a quick stop watch from time to time :D....

I'm sure he has some wheels though.:thumb:

UofL is pretty depleted talent whise, it may take Strong a little time to get "his" system in place and executed.

UofL is pretty depleted talent whise, it may take Strong a little time to get "his" system in place and executed.

I don't think it's nearly as bad as you think. The numbers are down, but they're in shape, and they'll be better coached. My expectations are .500 at worst.

That's why I made sure to say hand timed.....but he does move well.

Just making sure. Have to remember that many of the Gators the last few years haven't lived up to their reported times.

I don't think it's nearly as bad as you think. The numbers are down, but they're in shape, and they'll be better coached. My expectations are .500 at worst.

All he was saying is that they don't have the kind of players to play Strong's defense yet. I'm sure he will do things that work, but I don't see U of L having the players on their roster to play an SEC style of defense right now.

UK vs UL football game picked up by ABC for Saturday September 4th at 3:30 pm. Big news for both programs.

Yep. Regional game is what I heard on WKYT. I'm so ready for some Football.

Yep. Regional game is what I heard on WKYT. I'm so ready for some Football.

According to KSR, the south and northeast will get the UK/UL game with 2 other games in other regions.