Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Track the Reds (Week 4)

Featured Replies

Reds get Monday off, then head to Houston and St. Louis on the 6 game road trip.

  • Replies 168
  • Views 13.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope you can be better than our past thread starters. :irked: At least CC went .500, but that week felt a lot worse than .500. :lol:

I hope you can be better than our past thread starters. :irked: At least CC went .500, but that week felt a lot worse than .500. :lol:

 

 

I went .500 as well. Jim Schue was just brutal at 2-5.

I went 3-3, so I'll take that.

 

Pretty important stretch of games coming up. @ Houston, then @ St. Louis.

 

Houston's offense was anemic, but Berkman is back.

Krivsky had a .467 winning % in 345 games as GM, Jocketty .466 thru 320.

Krivsky had a .467 winning % in 345 games as GM, Jocketty .466 thru 320.

 

hmmm....

Krivsky had a .467 winning % in 345 games as GM, Jocketty .466 thru 320.

 

Difficult to compare. I'm pleased with what Jocketty has done thus far. The foundation is being laid to enable a small - to - mid market ballclub to compete on a regular basis.

  • Author

Don't worry if the Reds having a losing road trip, I will ban myself from starting another track the Reds thread for at least a month.

 

:lol:

I was just throwing it out there.

 

:thumb: It's an interesting stat.

Pirates back where they belong...

 

1 team in the division with a winning record. yikes:ohbrother:

I went .500 as well. Jim Schue was just brutal at 2-5.

 

So, it is more Jim's fault than Dusty's? I can live with that.:D:D:lol::lol::lol:

How much is the entire culture of the organization involved in the current and recent woes? It's a question I don't have enough knowledge to answer, but it seems like players could be better developed at the minor league level to fit into the major league organization. For instance, I can't stand a guy with Stubbs' speed striking out so often. Sure, he's got some power, but why has no one gotten him to shorten up his swing, work the count, put the ball in play and get on base?

How much is the entire culture of the organization involved in the current and recent woes? It's a question I don't have enough knowledge to answer, but it seems like players could be better developed at the minor league level to fit into the major league organization. For instance, I can't stand a guy with Stubbs' speed striking out so often. Sure, he's got some power, but why has no one gotten him to shorten up his swing, work the count, put the ball in play and get on base?

 

I'm too am not familiar with Stubbs' game, but in the age old comparison of him and Rasmus a few weeks ago it doesn't really seem like he is that type of player to me. If you compare him to Rasmus, which I believe they were, then Rasmus is more of a power outfielder, with speed, but not a lead-off guy. So I really think that is just part of Stubbs' game, and looking at his minor league stats it shows many strike outs every stop he made.

 

I know he is being used as a lead-off guy, but he is 6-4, 205. That is a big guy, who will probably evolve more of a power type hitter throughout his career.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.