Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Jon Hood is NOT Transferring

Featured Replies

Would it be out of the realm of impossibility that it could be Harrellson, or has that already been established?

  • Replies 59
  • Views 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
At least one rumor can be shut down...

 

Hood's father tells WKYT that any talk of a transfer is just that.

 

Good news.

Someone started a rumor and people believed it, which is crazy.

 

For the record, it was not a rumor and what I have talked about is fact. A player on the UK team contacted another coaching staff about a potential transfer after the season roughly a month ago...

Cal constantly praised Liggins in pressers and on his show about how hard he plays and that he gets it. All the while making subtle comments about how Miller is a guy that does great in practices, and that he needs to get tougher, etc., etc....

 

Yet continued to play Miller more minutes.

For the record, it was not a rumor and what I have talked about is fact. A player on the UK team contacted another coaching staff about a potential transfer after the season roughly a month ago...

 

And I believe Clyde confirmed it was Xavier. Xavier was in on Miller early in his sophomore year at Mason Co. too I believe.

Who comes up with this garbage?

 

Garbage? Who says its garbage?

Did Darius tell you this? How do you know all of this stuff? It's all speculation and it's dumb. Darius has no reason to transfer unless something is going on behind the scenes. And no one has mentioned anything like that. Someone started a rumor and people believed it, which is crazy.

 

So because YOU can't come up with a reason for him to be unhappy its garbage? Interesting.

And I believe Clyde confirmed it was Xavier. Xavier was in on Miller early in his sophomore year at Mason Co. too I believe.

 

I did?

I did?

 

Sorry, you didn't actually confirm it. Either you missed my post from a different thread or you let it go b/c it was right, but you didn't want to confirm it. Either way it's more than likely Miller to XU w/ your connections to them, GT's recruiting connections, the fact that only 4 players are left to transfer, Miller's previous relationship w/ X, and a pretty legit person saying the same thing that some people around here know.

For the record, it was not a rumor and what I have talked about is fact. A player on the UK team contacted another coaching staff about a potential transfer after the season roughly a month ago...

 

Did I miss the part where you confirmed it was Miller? Did I say that what you said wasn't factual? You've been vague on it and people have taken it way out of context. It may be Miller, but I don't think that anyone in the know gave them the info so it's just speculation for MOST of the posters on here.

 

So because YOU can't come up with a reason for him to be unhappy its garbage? Interesting.

 

Know it's garbage for people to just come up with crap like "It's definitely Darius Miller, he's unhappy being at UK and wants to leave with absolutely noting to back it up. I don't know if he's happy or not, I know he has alot of reasons to be happy, or at least MOST people in his shoes would be. Do you know for a fact Miller is transferring? Does anyone on this site? Then it's speculation and for MOST people on here it's ungrounded because they have taken things out of context.

 

Now if someone wants to pass along some inside info (I don't personally want or care to have it) then fine. Other than that it's "Oh my, only 4 players are returning let's try to figure out who it is!!??!!!" Not one person has listed a potential reason for Miller to leave... What's he unhappy about? Starting? Being the leader of the team next year? Playing on his home state team and for a coach known to put players in the NBA? People that think they know why Miller is unhappy please give a reason, or get over the fact that I will be skeptical about it. I don't believe crap that I find on a random message UK message board, sorry if you do Clyde.:idunno:

Garbage? Who says its garbage?

 

No one can confirm that it's the truth, so I'm not buying it. Maybe you have some inside infor that you are keeping to yourself, which is fine. But I guarantee everyone screaming Miller is transferring does not and get this stuff from putting things together by message board post, which is GARBAGE.

 

Last year we had all kinds of people in the know that had inside information about the coaching search.

 

Remember Billy Donovan being a done deal? Sorry if I don't buy just anyone's inside information, especially about the UK basketball team. Do you know how many people in this state claim to be in with UK Basketball?

No one can confirm that it's the truth, so I'm not buying it. Maybe you have some inside infor that you are keeping to yourself, which is fine. But I guarantee everyone screaming Miller is transferring does not and get this stuff from putting things together by message board post, which is GARBAGE.

 

Last year we had all kinds of people in the know that had inside information about the coaching search.

 

Remember Billy Donovan being a done deal? Sorry if I don't buy just anyone's inside information, especially about the UK basketball team. Do you know how many people in this state claim to be in with UK Basketball?

 

Just so you know GT has great info for quite a bit of things. He has more national info than anyone on this site IMO. He doesn't claim to have great UK info, but again he has better info on them than anyone on here IMO. Clyde has a really good connection at Xavier. I came to the conclusion they were talking about the same school when GT first mentioned it. I asked someone who might know about it and they said "where there's smoke". Neither GT or Clyde said Miller or anyone was transferring to Xavier.

 

Edit: GT confirmed the truth was that a current UK player contacted someone about transferring.

Just so you know GT has great info for quite a bit of things. He has more national info than anyone on this site IMO. He doesn't claim to have great UK info, but again he has better info on them than anyone on here IMO. Clyde has a really good connection at Xavier. I came to the conclusion they were talking about the same school when GT first mentioned it. I asked someone who might know about it and they said "where there's smoke". Neither GT or Clyde said Miller or anyone was transferring to Xavier.

 

SSC I have never questioned GT's info, not one time. Nothing against anyone else on here, but I'm probably going to take his info above anyone elses because he's actually in the game more than the rest of us are.

 

I don't really read enough of Clyde's stuff to know/care if he has good connections or not, it doesn't seem like he likes to share his info as much as some others, do which is fine and is his choice.

 

As for your part, the bolded, that's the kind of stuff I'm talking about. Maybe garbage was a harsh word but I didn't feel like anyone would seriously take it personally. But, putting two and two together is a horrible way to come to conclusions and then discuss things such as potential transfers. Ever since GT let that one out of the bag people have tried to figure out who it was, not realizing that stuff like that goes on alot more than people know about and that there was a good chance nothing would happen.

 

Let's look at how crazy this looks, though it could be possible:

-GT says a UK player is inquiring about transferring.

-Clyde mentions that a player has inquired about transferring to Xavier.

-Darius Miller was recruited by Xavier, so it must be him.

 

And then we present it as fact..........:idunno:

It's only garbage when Miller is brought up though. Why isn't it "garbage" when people speculate about other players? Considering the Cats only have 4 probable returnees, it makes the most sense that it would be Miller or Hood. Harrellson is content with the role he has on the team, no reason for a guy like him to transfer. If Liggins wanted out, it would make sense that he'd have done it when he was suspended for the 1st 12-15 games, so it most likely isn't going to be him. The Hood camp has come out and said Jon is staying put.....Who does that leave? Miller. You asked for reasons, they were given, and of course dismissed as pure crap or garbage.

It's only garbage when Miller is brought up though. Why isn't it "garbage" when people speculate about other players? Considering the Cats only have 4 probable returnees, it makes the most sense that it would be Miller or Hood. Harrellson is content with the role he has on the team, no reason for a guy like him to transfer. If Liggins wanted out, it would make sense that he'd have done it when he was suspended for the 1st 12-15 games, so it most likely isn't going to be him. The Hood camp has come out and said Jon is staying put.....Who does that leave? Miller. You asked for reasons, they were given, and of course dismissed as pure crap or garbage.

 

Why speculate like it's fact though? People have acted like Miller definitely wants to leave, as well as Hood. Hood was found out to not be true, leaving Miller to definitely want out. No one has said "Oh it must be Liggins" or "Harrelson is probably the one calling around". Some people act like Miller is gone and they know it for a fact. Putting two and two together is a crappy way to come to conclusions is it not UKMF?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.