Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Duke player's 'stomp' flattened appreciation of shot

Featured Replies

I must say that on this one incident I can relate to the long memory and outrage. I still haven't forgiven Marcus Vick for stomping Elvis Dumervil.

 

I'll tell you like I tell the Wildcat fans: Get. Over. It.

  • Replies 42
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The referees did call a technical foul on the play. Whether Laettner should have been ejected or not is another story but Richie Farmer went to the free throw line to shoot the technical free throws and made 1 of 2 from the line.

 

At the moment it happened and today, I still DON'T think he should've been ejected and am glad he wasn't. IMO, it would've weakend the win, IF UK had been able to pull it out without Laettner in the game.

Guard the inbounds pass and none of the 'stomp' matters (not trying to change the subject).

I'll tell you like I tell the Wildcat fans: Get. Over. It.

 

It's a little hard to when they show "The Shot" every single March lol.

It's a little hard to when they show "The Shot" every single March lol.

 

Oh yeah, that's right. I forgot. That's one of the linchpins of the anti-UK conspiracy ... :sssh:

Personally, I have never delved deeply into the story. I find it fascinating, and it has nothing to do with jealousy or the fact that Kentucky is not playing in the Final Four.

 

I have no bitterness towards Duke. It's one of, if not THE best college basketball game of all time.

 

I have no problem with talking about it. I am just saying I bet if KY won and Duke lost this thread would not have been started this weeK.

I'll tell you like I tell the Wildcat fans: Get. Over. It.

 

 

You know, usually it's not hard for me to Get. Over. It. But, things like these incidents transcend "game play". They're personal. Fouling hard, making an especially brutal hit, those are things I can get over because they're in the heat of the game. But after plays, when the player who's the "victim" is not expecting or prepared for that kind of action, those are cheap shots.

 

I don't hold anything against the WVU team, but Marcus Vick was personal in his action, and that I haven't been able to Get. Over.

I have no problem with talking about it. I am just saying I bet if KY won and Duke lost this thread would not have been started this weeK.

You mean this article by Linda Negro would not been written this week. Whether you believe it or not, it is a pretty fascinating story and turn of events. In today's game Laettner would been tossed I presume.

You know, usually it's not hard for me to Get. Over. It. But, things like these incidents transcend "game play". They're personal. Fouling hard, making an especially brutal hit, those are things I can get over because they're in the heat of the game. But after plays, when the player who's the "victim" is not expecting or prepared for that kind of action, those are cheap shots.

 

I don't hold anything against the WVU team, but Marcus Vick was personal in his action, and that I haven't been able to Get. Over.

I would not hold it against WVU either... he played for Virginia Tech :p

I would not hold it against WVU either... he played for Virginia Tech :p

 

Don't bring your technicalities into this... Surely rockmom has her reasons for hating WVU.

Don't bring your technicalities into this... Surely rockmom has her reasons for hating WVU.

Because they beat her beloved Wildcats on Saturday.

Because they beat her beloved Wildcats on Saturday.

 

I heard she was walking the mean streets of Louisville... Stomping chests in outrage.

 

Is it true?

The referees did call a technical foul on the play. Whether Laettner should have been ejected or not is another story but Richie Farmer went to the free throw line to shoot the technical free throws and made 1 of 2 from the line.

 

If Farmer had hit both, there would have not been an OT. So it's Richie's fault. :lol:

 

I've always said that he should not have been ejected. It was Laettner being Laettner.

 

But I've always had a soft spot in my heart for Vern Lindquist after that. During the broadcast Len Elmore (Maryland grad btw) tried to be apologetic and said, "I don't know if he meant to do that or not."

 

Lindquist immediately and with force stated sternly: "Oh, yes he did!" Always liked Vern for calling it what it was from the beginning. :thumb:

I'll tell you like I tell the Wildcat fans: Get. Over. It.

 

It's going to be an annual topic of conversation considering it's one of the most famous shots in the history of college basketball and is shown regularly during March Madness.

Don't bring your technicalities into this... Surely rockmom has her reasons for hating WVU.

 

 

:lol: I haven't finished my coffee yet. :lol:

 

Yes, VAT...not WVU.

 

My bad. :ohbrother:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.