Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Paul Daugherty Question for UK fans

Featured Replies

If you're a legit player with some tenure, correct?

 

If these players bomb in the NBA, I don't see that happening.

 

I think Kwame Brown will be fine when his career is over.

  • Replies 43
  • Views 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think Kwame Brown will be fine when his career is over.

 

What about Antoine Walker?

 

Of course, everyone makes mistakes, but just because you're in the NBA, or played in the NBA, doesn't automatically make you covered for ever.

What about Antoine Walker?

 

Of course, everyone makes mistakes, but just because you're in the NBA, or played in the NBA, doesn't automatically make you covered for ever.

 

Antoine made more then enough money to be well off. It was his own doing that are causing his problems. He has noone to blame but himself. Bad example.

Antoine made more then enough money to be well off. It was his own doing that are causing his problems. He has noone to blame but himself. Bad example.

 

But not everyone will make Antoine Walker money.

But not everyone will make Antoine Walker money.

 

But career back up big men make alot of money, I'd say between 4 and 9 million per year after their rookie contract is out.

What about Antoine Walker?

 

Of course, everyone makes mistakes, but just because you're in the NBA, or played in the NBA, doesn't automatically make you covered for ever.

 

Antoine made more then enough money to be well off. It was his own doing that are causing his problems. He has noone to blame but himself. Bad example.

 

The problem is Walker is not really an isolated incident. The amounts are outrageous, true, but there are a ton of these guys in the NBA who are living paycheck to paycheck. That's the main reason the owners will succeed when the lockout happens after next NBA season -- they know they've got the Players' Association by the stones.

But not everyone will make Antoine Walker money.

 

 

Out of the top 10 teams worldwide based on average salary the NBA has 6 out of 10.

 

1.Yankees $7,000,000

2.Real Madrid(Soccer) $6,333,591

3.Barcelona(Soccer) $6,082,940

4.Chelsea(Soccer) $5,361,957

5.Mavericks(NBA) $5,315,097

6.Lakers $5,098,920

7.Pistons $4,995,573

8.Cavaliers $4,940,707

9.Celtics $4,885,055

10.Knicks $4,881,952

 

This is based on average salary per player per season for 2009.

So chances are if you make the NBA you are set for life(if you are smart).

 

Link

 

 

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/post/The-10-highest-paid-sports-teams-in-the-world?urn=top,230688

Out of the top 10 teams worldwide based on average salary the NBA has 5 out of 10.

 

1.Yankees $7,000,000

2.Real Madrid(Soccer) $6,333,591

3.Barcelona(Soccer)

4.Chelsea(Soccer)

5.Mavericks(NBA)

6.Lakers

7.Pistons

8.Cavaliers

9.Celtics

10.Knicks

 

This is based on average salary per player per season.

So chances are if you make the NBA you are set for life(if you are smart.)

 

 

Looks to me like 6 out of 10 are NBA squads. I hope you aren't going to be John Wall's financial advisor! :D

Looks to me like 6 out of 10 are NBA squads. I hope you aren't going to be John Wall's financial advisor! :D

 

 

Good catch! When I began typing I thought the RedSox were in their somewhere.

 

I fixed it.:D

Out of the top 10 teams worldwide based on average salary the NBA has 6 out of 10.

 

1.Yankees $7,000,000

2.Real Madrid(Soccer) $6,333,591

3.Barcelona(Soccer) $6,082,940

4.Chelsea(Soccer) $5,361,957

5.Mavericks(NBA) $5,315,097

6.Lakers $5,098,920

7.Pistons $4,995,573

8.Cavaliers $4,940,707

9.Celtics $4,885,055

10.Knicks $4,881,952

 

This is based on average salary per player per season for 2009.

So chances are if you make the NBA you are set for life(if you are smart).

 

Link

 

 

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/post/The-10-highest-paid-sports-teams-in-the-world?urn=top,230688

 

Seeing this list sure makes it easy to understand why the NBA is in dire financial straits.

Seeing this list sure makes it easy to understand why the NBA is in dire financial straits.

 

One thing to consider is that the NBA carries less than 15 players, while baseball & soccer teams have many more contracts.

P Doc is a blowhard clown. Worrying about his views on sports is pointless...

 

I read everything I can and have for quite a few years. IMO Daugherty is the best sports columnist I have ever read. I LOVE his stuff!!! The only colmunist I enjoyed reading regularly as much as Doc was Jim Murray.

I read everything I can and have for quite a few years. IMO Daugherty is the best sports columnist I have ever read. I LOVE his stuff!!! The only colmunist I enjoyed reading regularly as much as Doc was Jim Murray.

What's not to love about a guy that will write on the same topic for 4 days and on the 5th day write an article asking why everyone is still talking about the topic... :ohbrother:

What's not to love about a guy that will write on the same topic for 4 days and on the 5th day write an article asking why everyone is still talking about the topic... :ohbrother:

 

Well of course...after he covered it all in 4 columns I am sure he is wondering why he needed to write a 5th ... :lol:

 

Just kidding. Everyone has their flaws. I don't love every column Doc writes. But he is a great sports columnist.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.