Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Pre-Game Rituals

Featured Replies

Do you have any pre-game or game rituals you do when Kentucky, or the team of your choice, plays?

 

A certain shirt? Hat? Chair?

 

If they're losing at halftime, you switch seats? Shirts? Wives? :lol:

I put on my UK Shorts & Shirt and get my UK Mug and scream Go Big Blue! lol

Do you have any pre-game or game rituals you do when Kentucky, or the team of your choice, plays?

 

A certain shirt? Hat? Chair?

 

If they're losing at halftime, you switch seats? Shirts? Wives? :lol:

 

No real pre-game rituals. Just in-game ones. If we are losing I'll walk around trying to change our luck whether it be going to another seat, pacing back-and-forth, etc. I keep fidgeting around until I see we go on a run and thus I keep repeating that exact same motion!

  • Author

I've read some funny ones on other boards. Some talk about the order the magazines are placed in the bathroom rack. A Kentucky SI is always on top, but his wife changed it and he said if the Cats fall behind early, he'll go in there and fix it.

No really set rituals. However I do get wing zone a lot, when UK is playing.

I change positions a lot.

 

If were playing well, I sit in the same spot. If the other team starts to make a run, I find somewhere else to sit.

Not for me. I don't think that anything I do is going to effect how UK, Miami football or the Cavs are going to play. However whenever I coach I am very superstitious, I'll eat the same things, wear a certain shirt, or basic OCD things that give me some peace of mind.

I tried to have a pregame ritual but the wife said no.

This year it's the John Wall jersey. The Cats are undefeated when I wear it.:D

 

Well just make sure you have it on in the upcoming games then. :thumb:

  • Author
Not for me. I don't think that anything I do is going to effect how UK, Miami football or the Cavs are going to play. However whenever I coach I am very superstitious, I'll eat the same things, wear a certain shirt, or basic OCD things that give me some peace of mind.

 

You think eating chicken fingers helps your coaching chances, but not Kentucky's chances?

 

Okay... :ohbrother:

Well just make sure you have it on in the upcoming games then. :thumb:

 

Already got it ready for tommorow.:ylsuper:

Tomorrow's game will have a pre-game ritual......a NAP! 9:57 is late for this old body!

You think eating chicken fingers helps your coaching chances, but not Kentucky's chances?

 

Okay... :ohbrother:

 

Don't we all perform better on a full stomach? :lol:

I tried to have a pregame ritual but the wife said no.

 

:laugh::laugh:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.