March 23, 201016 yr I've never seen Jaques play, but chances are I'd take Patterson over him any day of the week. Here are their stats: Jaques - .472 3-point% Patterson - .371 3-point% ______________________________________________________________ Jaques - .518 FG% Patterson - .589 FG% ______________________________________________________________ Jaques - Rebounds per game 2.7 Patterson - Rebounds per game 7.2 ______________________________________________________________ Jaques - blocks (this season) - 3 Patterson - blocks (this season) - 47 ______________________________________________________________ Jaques - 7.0 PPG Patterson - 14.6 PPG
March 23, 201016 yr ^^^ Those stats clearly show who's the more dominant player. As long as Pat steps out to put a hand in his face at the perimeter all should be fine. Honestly, I'd probably rather have Darius guard him.
March 23, 201016 yr I agree. Kentucky can win slower paced games. Their dominant frontcourt is a big reason for that. To me, the Cornell game comes down to UK's defensive effort. If UK plays to its ability on that end, they'll win the game. The extra time should help them prepare for the Big Red offense. Not so much practicing against it...they won't be able to replicate it in practice, but they should be able to understand what to look for and how and what to focus on. :idunno: On the flipside, I don't think anything can prepare Cornell for UK's size and athleticism. :thumb: My thoughts are the same 5wide. Cornell must execute on the offensive end and shoot a high percentage to have any chance in this game. I really think it is going to be all about Cornell shooting the three. They need to be efficient and get a lot of points from the three to have a chance. If they miss shots, UK will run them into the ground. UK will use pressure in this game to disrupt Cornell's offensive flow and make it difficult for them to get their offense started. Cornell would have a better chance if this was the Saturday game than Thursday. UK has plenty of practice time to get prepared. I just don't see any way Cornell can hang with the athletes in blue. UK by double digits.
March 23, 201016 yr :thumb: My thoughts are the same 5wide. Cornell must execute on the offensive end and shoot a high percentage to have any chance in this game. I really think it is going to be all about Cornell shooting the three. They need to be efficient and get a lot of points from the three to have a chance. If they miss shots, UK will run them into the ground. UK will use pressure in this game to disrupt Cornell's offensive flow and make it difficult for them to get their offense started. Cornell would have a better chance if this was the Saturday game than Thursday. UK has plenty of practice time to get prepared. I just don't see any way Cornell can hang with the athletes in blue. UK by double digits. You truly are a Voice of Reason. :lol: I thought the same thing...had Cornell landed an 8 or 9, I think their chances of knocking off UK would have been much better in the second round. The fact that Jay Bilas picked Cornell to beat UK, and many others are talking up the Big Red up probably nix any chance they have of getting overlooked and taken lightly. Bilas may have done us a favor. I'm fairly sure Calipari will remind his team of that throughout the week. My prediction is another dominant win. But, if Cornell can take care of the ball, I think they will be able to keep the score down, and consequently the margin, even if they aren't making shots at a good percentage. I'm not expecting a 90+ point outburst against this team, although its possible if they keep shooting so well.
March 23, 201016 yr Two points I'd like to make, I'm sure users on BGP have spent more time preparing Kentucky for Cornell than Bill Self did against Kansas and Coach Cal has had a week. Also, Cornell beat Drexel by 7 and Kentucky beat them by 44.
March 23, 201016 yr Two points I'd like to make, I'm sure users on BGP have spent more time preparing Kentucky for Cornell than Bill Self did against Kansas and Coach Cal has had a week. Also, Cornell beat Drexel by 7 and Kentucky beat them by 44. I want to be prepared so I can yell corrections and adjustments to my new Plasma TV. :lol:
March 23, 201016 yr I want to be prepared so I can yell corrections and adjustments to my new Plasma TV. :lol::thumb::clap:
March 23, 201016 yr The longer the week goes on the more I think my 12 point prediction will turn into 35. Usually I get more nervous/anxious as the weak goes on getting closer to gameday but I'm becoming more and more relaxed.
March 23, 201016 yr The longer the week goes on the more I think my 12 point prediction will turn into 35. Usually I get more nervous/anxious as the weak goes on getting closer to gameday but I'm becoming more and more relaxed. Total opposite for me. The more I read about this or that, the more nervous I get. Additionally, Texas was the team that worried me, but once Wake won, I was scanning the Wake sites and falling into the Wake dream they had and started to get nervous. I obviously don't take that stuff with a grain of salt. Hopefully, Kentucky absolutely dismantles Cornell. I hope we don't let off the pedal and continue to score, score, score. 95-55 or something would please me.
March 23, 201016 yr In the Cornell-Kansas regular season game, Cornell was up and then Kansas cranked up the defensive pressure and Cornell wilted to let Kansas back into the game. If Kentucky can get the ball into the post Cornell cannot make enough defensive stops to win the game.
March 23, 201016 yr ^^^ Like I said usually it's the opposite for me too but the more I think about how Cal and Co. are preparing to stop their offense and their perimeter attack the more I think about how much we'll end up out rebounding them by, how much faster, how much more athletic, etc. we are. The physicality of Kentucky will be overwhelming for Cornell.
March 23, 201016 yr ^^^ Like I said usually it's the opposite for me too but the more I think about how Cal and Co. are preparing to stop their offense and their perimeter attack the more I think about how much we'll end up out rebounding them by, how much faster, how much more athletic, etc. we are. I agree that we're faster, more athletic, and bigger. But I also remember how these teams always get hot from the outside and nail a trillion. And with a team that shoots as well as Cornell, it's a bit worrisome. We'll have to make 5 or so three's and dominate the paint to win. Sam Houston St. did make 18 three's on us and we still won, and I consider them more athletic than Cornell. Needless to say, I want Thursday to get here and get here quick.
March 23, 201016 yr Author By the way, I broke down their offense and while it's impressive, I don't see any way they can stop Kentucky's stars. I personally think the Cats win in the 15-25 range.
March 23, 201016 yr I actually heard a Louisville fan make fun of Kentucky for playing "mighty Cornell" this week. The comment came after they made fun of Kentucky fans for watching UK dismantle a #16 seed. The comment was: "Oh, yeah, you HAVE to watch Kentucky play "mighty Cornell" Thursday." It was not directed at me. I said "Is it really Kentucky's fault that Cornell won their first two games?" The Louisville fan's response: "Thanks, that's just great, it's 9 a.m. and I've already got my daily Kentucky fan comment." I thought it was hilariously pathetic. :lol:
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.