Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Who would you rather play?

Who would you rather play? 48 members have voted

  1. 1. Who would you rather play?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

To me it's Wisconsin by a lot. The biggest fear I have for UK is not taking an opponent serious. I think they will be more ready for Wisconsin.

  • Replies 30
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will be pulling for the 'smart kids', ... the 'little guy', ... the 'underdog'.

 

UK will have to win next week regardless of who wins this game, but it is hard for me to root against the underdog in a situation like this.

To me it's Wisconsin by a lot. The biggest fear I have for UK is not taking an opponent serious. I think they will be more ready for Wisconsin.

 

I had that fear as well. But Cal obviously got their attention on ETSU and then kept it for WF. I think these youngs guys are on a mission and if they maintain this same focus and intelligent play, they will be fine.

 

Several have been talking Cornell up all season, and I am sure that if Cal can convince UK that they better be ready to play against ETSU, he should have no problem finding quotes on Cornell on how good they are to maintain that focus.

I had that fear as well. But Cal obviously got their attention on ETSU and then kept it for WF. I think these youngs guys are on a mission and if they maintain this same focus and intelligent play, they will be fine.

 

Several have been talking Cornell up all season, and I am sure that if Cal can convince UK that they better be ready to play against ETSU, he should have no problem finding quotes on Cornell on how good they are to maintain that focus.

 

ETSU isn't good. Cornell and Wisconsin are. It was easy to get focused today b/c ESPN people were saying they could/would get beat. If they are focused they are 5 points better than anyone left in the tourney.

Cornell, give Bo Ryan a week and the Cavs and Lakers have a tough game!

 

If the Cats continue to execute like they have thus far, the Badgers could add REX Ryan to the staff and couldn't stop UK.

Anyone know at what time and this game will be?

ETSU isn't good. Cornell and Wisconsin are. It was easy to get focused today b/c ESPN people were saying they could/would get beat. If they are focused they are 5 points better than anyone left in the tourney.

 

That's my point. UK didn't play their best at times against teams that weren't that good on occasion this season because of that youth. You were worried about a letdown, and they came out in both games and played with heart and passion. Every team got in the tourney somehow. They had to beat somebody to get there. I am not worried about a letdown as much as I was before this weekend. These young guys are obviously focused and IF they maintain that, they will be fine.

The way the Cats are playing right now, noone scares me.

 

However, the only thing that scares me is that UK is SO HOT right now, and now they have to wait until next thursday or friday to play. They are their own worst enemy right now. They are just playing crazy good right now.

 

Wisconsin doesn't scare me because they don't have that scary offensive threat. However, they do play a good zone defense. But UK is still playing hot from 3 point range. If UK can hit 5-8 threes a game, good night whoever they play.

 

One thing is for sure, Coach Cal was the best hire UK could have possibly made. And I think most of us will find that out REAL soon. 90% sure BK is coming to UK, followed by more...

Anyone know at what time and this game will be?

 

Yeah, what time does UK play next week?

Cornell. I don't care how well they shoot the 3 when the Cats would have a mismatch on every single player at every single position every time down on the offensive end. They're a smaller, slower team. Wisconsin is a bit quicker and more experienced.

 

You nail it.:thumb:

I want to play Cornell.

 

The one, and only, reason is because Jay Bilas went with the "smart" guys and picked them to beat UK in the Sweet 16 matchup. I want to see them play and I hope UK plays with the focus and intensity they displayed in the first two rounds.

 

Now, I'm not anti-Bilas. I love the guy and think he's a great analyst and great at what he does. I'm just totally miffed that someone that smart could pick an Ivy-league school to knock off a team with the talent that UK possesses. It may happen. Anything can happen in the tournament it seems...but, I swear this is one that I just do not see. I'll be shocked to the nth degree.

I'd like to see Cornell. They are up 11-4 right now! :thumb:

I'd like to beat Cornell just to all the jokes about Mark Coury. Gametimes probably won't be announced until the matchups are set, for TV purposes.

Bring on either, UK is going to be ready for either.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.