Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NCAA basketball announcers - who you like/dislike

Featured Replies

  • Replies 46
  • Views 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bill Raftery

Gus Johnson

Jay Bilas

Verne Lundquist

 

Everyone else.

I hate announcers that say stupid stuff that would make Captain Obvious blush.

 

Here is an example:

 

I was watching a game a few nights ago and one of the teams when on a 14-0 run. The announcer immediately explained, "I think we've had a change of momentum in this one..."

 

Really?

I hate announcers that say stupid stuff that would make Captain Obvious blush.

 

Here is an example:

 

I was watching a game a few nights ago and one of the teams when on a 14-0 run. The announcer immediately explained, "I think we've had a change of momentum in this one..."

 

Really?

 

Knight does that all the time. Drives me nuts. Can't stand Raftery or Vitale, although for different reasons. They think I am watching the game to be entertained by them instead of the game. Glad the tv has a volume control.

Knight does that all the time. Drives me nuts. Can't stand Raftery or Vitale, although for different reasons. They think I am watching the game to be entertained by them instead of the game. Glad the tv has a volume control.

 

Yeah, last week Knight explained how a 3-pointer was worth more points than a 2-pointer. :confused:

Bob Knight forgot more about basketball than the rest of this group knows. :taz:Don't hate him just because he has 1 more championship as a coach then the current and previous 3 UK coaches combined.

 

As far as former players now in the booth, can you blame them for picking their alma mater? If UK had a player in the booth, ya'll be going nuts if he picked against your beloved Cats.

 

As announcers I like Vern and Rafftery. Clark Kellogg is not bad.

Bob Knight forgot more about basketball than the rest of this group knows. :taz:Don't hate him just because he has 1 more championship as a coach then the current and previous 3 UK coaches combined.

 

As far as former players now in the booth, can you blame them for picking their alma mater? If UK had a player in the booth, ya'll be going nuts if he picked against your beloved Cats.

 

As announcers I like Vern and Rafftery. Clark Kellogg is not bad.

 

Bob Knight is a terrible announcer this season and I would say that if his career record was 128-886 with no national championships.

 

Last season, he talked like he had some basketball knowledge and I enjoyed his insight. This season, he's a ramblin' wreck.

I could do without Jay Bilas. I like Hubert Davis, Dick Vitale and Jay Williams. Honestly, get rid of Jay Bilas and I like them all. I am easy to please.

 

Jay Williams is horrible. Absolutely beyond horrible. Bilas may be the best there is.

Jay Williams is horrible. Absolutely beyond horrible. Bilas may be the best there is.

 

Williams is pretty bad...He talks fine, but can't remember any of the facts and often forgets key names, etc.

Jay Williams is horrible. Absolutely beyond horrible. Bilas may be the best there is.

 

So you made it to my first post but didn't see my second where I said I am admittedly biased because Jay Williams is my all time favorite Dukie and that I think he doesn't do anything bad? I guess you did.

 

Bilas is awful. Didn't he pick Cornell to go to the Final Four? You can have the turncoat.

So you made it to my first post but didn't see my second where I said I am admittedly biased because Jay Williams is my all time favorite Dukie and that I think he doesn't do anything bad? I guess you did.

 

Bilas is awful. Didn't he pick Cornell to go to the Final Four? You can have the turncoat.

 

What can I say, I was a bit too bored by this thread, and I'll take Bilas any day over the rest of those clowns, especially Jay Williams.

He picked Cornell to go to the Elite 8 and they have a team that is good enough to do that.

^Anything can happen in March.

I think there are a lot of good announcers and color commentators out there.

 

For those of you who real appreciate basketball, if you would listen to what Bobby Knight says and not pay as much attention as to how he says it, you can learn a lot of basketball because that man knows the game. I like watching a game he is commenting on.

 

I think Brent Musburger has suffered from sensationalism for many years now. Mike Patrick is the one I can do without. Too many personal editorials from a man without the credentials to offer his opinion.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.