2. Barry Larkin (SS)

3. Joe Morgan (2B)

4. Frank Robinson (LF)

5. Ted Kluszewski (1B)

6. Johnny Bench ©

7. Ken Griffey Jr. (RF)

8. Eric Davis (CF)

Reserves:

George Foster, Vada Pinson, Edd Roush, Dave Concepcion, Tony Perez, Ernie Lombardi

Starting Pitchers: Bucky Walters, Paul Derringer, Jim Maloney, Tom Browning, Jose Rijo, Don Gullett (obviously somebody's going to have to come out of the pen)

Relief Pitchers: Clay Carroll, Tom Hume, John Franco, Rob Dibble

C Bench

1B Perez

2B Morgan

SS Larkin

3B Rose

LF Foster

CF Jr

RF Robinson

SP Seaver, Soto, Rijo, Maloney. I am old schooling with a 4-man rotation.

RP Hawk Clay Carroll, Rawly Eastwick, John Franco, the Nasty Boys Myers, Dibble and what was the LH's name?????

Assuming this is not just based on their time with the Reds, since so many are saying Seaver/Parker and his best years weren't with the Reds.

If based solely on the time with the Reds I'd change your list only slightly.

Eric the Red in CF

Eric the Red in CF

If based on time solely with the Reds, then it's hard not to include Big Klu over Perez. The man was ridiculously dominant from '52 through '56.

They are very similar.

Davis Jr

Games 985 945

ABs 3272 3353

Hits 886 904

RBIs 615 602

HRs 203 210

Take into account that Davis was a better centerfielder and a much more dangerous threat on the bases, and I would take Davis. At least you got 140games a year w/ him, but both were injury plagued.

Everyday Lineup: (Would love to have a power left-handed bat)

3B Rose

SS Larkin

2B Morgan

1B Klu

RF Robinson

C Bench

LF Davis

CF Roush

SP Jose Rijo 1990

Eppa Rixey

Bucky Walters

Paul Derringer

Don Gullett

Relief: Nasty Boys, Clay Carroll, John Franco

Bench: Lombardi C, Perez 1B/3B//Concepcion SS// Griffey Jr, Foster, Pinson OF// Reese 2B/SS (defensive purposes)

Bench: Lombardi C, Perez 1B/3B//Concepcion SS// Griffey Jr, Foster, Pinson OF// Reese 2B/SS (defensive purposes)

Not going to argue with the rest of your choices, as you've got a lot of the same ones that I had. But, one particular choice stuck out in my mind when reading your list...Pokey Reese?!?

I understand you putting him down for defensive purposes, and the fact that he played two positions...but I think Brett Boone and Brandon Phillips both had (have) better fielding percentages, along with a 20 pt. higher batting average.

Take into account that Davis was a better centerfielder and a much more dangerous threat on the bases, and I would take Davis. At least you got 140games a year w/ him, but both were injury plagued.

Bingo

Eric the Red in CF

I gave him SERIOUS, SERIOUS consideration. Also, wondered about Gus Bell but honestly did not know enough about him. Seems there is someone else in the 50's or 60's I am forgetting.