Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

WVU 54 Cincinnati 51

Featured Replies

The WVU play as described by Butler was for him to catch on a curl and go to the rim. Gates was standing right at the spot that was supposed to happen. That forced him out to 25 feet with time to catch, take one bounce and throw up a prayer with Lance right in his face. It banked in. That's the game sometimes...

 

I realize there is no full-proof defense. As I've stated many times the next game I win as a college head coach will be my first so take anything I say with a grain of salt. With that said, Mick chose to make it too easy for their best player to get the ball and make a play.

  • Replies 40
  • Views 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anyone think Stephenson's play in the BE Tourney has him thinking about making the jump to the league with the 2011 lockout looming?

 

I'm on record as saying he has to consider it because of the lockout and that despite what he says he will have people in his ear.

I'm on record as saying he has to consider it because of the lockout and that despite what he says he will have people in his ear.

 

"The people in his ear" want him to stay. He very well could leave, and I don't deny that one bit but I know his support system wants him back in college for another year...

Anyone think Stephenson's play in the BE Tourney has him thinking about making the jump to the league with the 2011 lockout looming?

 

Good question it is impacting so many college kids. The NBA is in trouble, NFL will avoid it but the NBA I don't know. He could go the Meeks route this year or probably secure a first next year.

I don't mind all the celebrating after the big shot for the win, but what bothers me is how Butler just starts to completely run his mouth. You got lucky man. It's not like your skill made that shot.

 

I was hoping the Bearcats would pull this one out...tough loss.

Where's the love for Butler hitting a very difficult shot with UC players all around him! WVU the only team with a double-bye moving on.

 

Congratulations on a shot like that? I think even he would admit that was one of those lucky bounces that went his way.

 

And yes, History, I do believe UC is on the cusp of being a top 25 team. Their talent is young and you have two players being talked about as NBA prospects - Stephenson and Gates. They are close. And that is coming from a UK fan, not a UC fan so no bias there. Just my honest opinion.

I realize there is no full-proof defense. As I've stated many times the next game I win as a college head coach will be my first so take anything I say with a grain of salt. With that said, Mick chose to make it too easy for their best player to get the ball and make a play.

 

In fairness, its pretty tough to deny a guy like that's 6'9 and that athletic from getting the basketball without sacrificing something elsewhere. And, I'm not sure you want to do that.

 

It was just a bad beat for the Bearcats. A crucial mistake gives WVU a chance and then Butler banks a contested shot in from 23+. Sometimes guys hit shots even when you play great defense...I can't help but think of some of the shots Downey hit against UK earlier in the season.

 

Its little consolation at the moment, but the Bearcats have reason for optimism.

I got a tweet from someone today that said that Born Ready heard Butler call "bank."

I got a tweet from someone today that said that Born Ready heard Butler call "bank."

He did as the ball was in the air...

He did as the ball was in the air...

 

Only counts if you call it before the shot!

"The people in his ear" want him to stay. He very well could leave, and I don't deny that one bit but I know his support system wants him back in college for another year...

 

He really showed me something last night. Late in that game, West Virginia could not defend him. He got to the basket at will and converted. I thought in the latter stages of the 2nd half, he was the clear-cut best player on the floor.

 

I wish the best for the kid. I read an article today about athletes that have squandered their incredible professional earnings (like E. Holyfield, Sprewell, & Mike Tyson). I hope the "people in his ear" have the wisdom & discernment to point him the right direction in the pros.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.