Lay- 4 pts

McQueary- 3 pts

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This was a very entertaining game to watch. Looked like Boone was going to get blown out, then they kept chipping away and tied the score out scoring Holmes in the 3rd 14-4. Thought the big turning point was after Pittman received a technical (btw, I thought it was a horrible call if it was for hanging on the rim) Gabbard misses two free throws and Boone doesn't convert on the possession. Felt sorry for the Cotton kid, probably wasn't on the floor more than two minutes all night and fouled out. Good luck to Holmes tomorrow, I have them going back to Rupp.

One puzzling thing regarding Holmes was that it seemed like they stopped "pushing" the ball up the floor in the second half and were content to walk it up even passing up some fast break opportunities. I also thought they let Boone off the hook by taking silly three's when they could have been pounding inside against a Boone team that was hemmorrhaging with foul trouble. I was also surprised that Holmes did not utilize their quickness by pressing tonight. I know they needed to save a little for tomorrow, but it could have cost them the game.

This was a very entertaining game to watch. Looked like Boone was going to get blown out, then they kept chipping away and tied the score out scoring Holmes in the 3rd 14-4. Thought the big turning point was after Pittman received a technical (btw, I thought it was a horrible call if it was for hanging on the rim) Gabbard misses two free throws and Boone doesn't convert on the possession. Felt sorry for the Cotton kid, probably wasn't on the floor more than two minutes all night and fouled out. Good luck to Holmes tomorrow, I have them going back to Rupp.

One puzzling thing regarding Holmes was that it seemed like they stopped "pushing" the ball up the floor in the second half and were content to walk it up even passing up some fast break opportunities. I also thought they let Boone off the hook by taking silly three's when they could have been pounding inside against a Boone team that was hemmorrhaging with foul trouble. I was also surprised that Holmes did not utilize their quickness by pressing tonight. I know they needed to save a little for tomorrow, but it could have cost them the game.

From what I was told the "T" wasn't for hanging on the rim, but for what he said after he made the basket.

You are totally correct about the missing the two free throws and not converting on the next possession. You could almost see the air go back into the Holmes players after that series of plays and after they converted on the their next opportunity it was over!

I believe Pittman got a tech for taunting, pulling his jersey to the side showing his chest. Once he did that the ref T'd him up. I agree the officiating was horrible tonight both ways.

If he did what you describe its a T.

It's interesting that two of the key turning points in the game were after technical fouls ... in favor of the team's that got the T called on them. Boone Co. snapped out of their funk and made it a ball game after the T on Boone's bench. Then Holmes went on their game ending run after Pittman got the T called on him.

I'm pretty sure that's why he got the tech. I love how he has played this year, especially lately, seems like he is on a mission. Holmes in my opinion has the two best players in the state, Rico and Pittman. Diferent style players, but both can take a game over at any point.

As I posted in the CovCath vs. Newport thread: The crowds were great the games were exciting can it get any better than this?

Thanks to Mr. Madrick for all the work he has done to put on this great high school event this year, at the wonderful Bank of Kentucky Center!

Nobody can say they didn't get their money worth tonight!

I just got home and read through the update thread and feel the need to address something brought up about our broadcast of the game. Had I seen it before I would have addressed it then.

First off, we have no blood in the game for either team or any of the other 30 schools we cover.

We don't cheer for either team to win or lose. I have an intern from NKU doing color and a Varsity Coach doing play-by play. I'm too busy running everything to talk during the tournament for the most part, although I do chime in every once in a while.

The technical on Pittman, first off I didn't see him taunting, my view was blocked and what Coach Stamm said was correct in that it was the right call to make. That if a player does that, he should have it called. NO ONE was cheering the fact that Elijah got teed up.

As far as the Boone Asst. Coach getting lit up, he was also correct there, in fact he pointed out that the coach did not get a warning before the T. If anything Coach Stamm was critical of the official not giving a warning to the coach first instead of having a short fuse.

I'll have the game audio up in a bit on our site. I would encourage you ORAL32 and SHUTITDOWN, to listen again. Tell me I'm wrong.

We cover 32 schools and don't cheer for anyone. If anyone has a problem with our call, feel free to PM me and we can talk. We are about as objective as it gets. If anything, I'm proud of our broadcasts and stand by them 100%.

I would like to say that unlike what was posted in the update thread, the Theoldguy didn't almost get killed when Pittman went into the floor seats! :scared:What Theoldguy did, was save Pittman from hurting himself. :D

Honestly, the young man thanked me for stopping him from falling and ask if I was all right! :thumb:

While the seats are indeed outstanding, that is the second time Theoldguy almost got killed while sitting there!

I just got home and read through the update thread and feel the need to address something brought up about our broadcast of the game. Had I seen it before I would have addressed it then.

First off, we have no blood in the game for either team or any of the other 30 schools we cover.

We don't cheer for either team to win or lose. I have an intern from NKU doing color and a Varsity Coach doing play-by play. I'm too busy running everything to talk during the tournament for the most part, although I do chime in every once in a while.

The technical on Pittman, first off I didn't see him taunting, my view was blocked and what Coach Stamm said was correct in that it was the right call to make. That if a player does that, he should have it called. NO ONE was cheering the fact that Elijah got teed up.

As far as the Boone Asst. Coach getting lit up, he was also correct there, in fact he pointed out that the coach did not get a warning before the T. If anything Coach Stamm was critical of the official not giving a warning to the coach first instead of having a short fuse.

I'll have the game audio up in a bit on our site. I would encourage you ORAL32 and SHUTITDOWN, to listen again. Tell me I'm wrong.

We cover 32 schools and don't cheer for anyone. If anyone has a problem with our call, feel free to PM me and we can talk. We are about as objective as it gets. If anything, I'm proud of our broadcasts and stand by them 100%.

Right or wrong. Interestering though that the player automatically gets the T without a warning but the Coach should get a warning. If anything I give this ref an A+ for following the rules of the game and enforcing them without bias and thinking twice. Good for him, I get sick and tired of all the double standards that go on in sports. If rules are enforced consistency then you would probably see fewer rules broken. :thumb:

Right or wrong. Interestering though that the player automatically gets the T without a warning but the Coach should get a warning. If anything I give this ref an A+ for following the rules of the game and enforcing them without bias and thinking twice. Good for him, I get sick and tired of all the double standards that go on in sports. If rules are enforced consistency then you would probably see fewer rules broken. :thumb:

Totally agree.