Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Notes from Coach Cal Radio Show

Featured Replies

The seniors will start against UF on Sunday.

 

PPat will also be honored before the game since he has graduated and likely will be gone.

 

Cal likes when players tell him what they can do. He says that if a player says "get me the ball on the block and I'll score" he immediately runs a play for that player. Same with defending. If a kid say "I can check him" he gets him. He was on the treadmill today watching tape of UGA and Hood came in and said "I can guard that guy and I can knock down shots." Cal liked that.

 

Harris was put in in the first half because Boogie was on the bench and told Cal that Harris could guard a certain player.

Cal likes when players tell him what they can do. He says that if a player says "get me the ball on the block and I'll score" he immediately runs a play for that player. Same with defending. If a kid say "I can check him" he gets him. He was on the treadmill today watching tape of UGA and Hood came in and said "I can guard that guy and I can knock down shots." Cal liked that.

 

Harris was put in in the first half because Boogie was on the bench and told Cal that Harris could guard a certain player.

 

Then what are we paying him for?

The seniors will start against UF on Sunday.

 

PPat will also be honored before the game since he has graduated and likely will be gone.

 

Cal likes when players tell him what they can do. He says that if a player says "get me the ball on the block and I'll score" he immediately runs a play for that player. Same with defending. If a kid say "I can check him" he gets him. He was on the treadmill today watching tape of UGA and Hood came in and said "I can guard that guy and I can knock down shots." Cal liked that.

 

Harris was put in in the first half because Boogie was on the bench and told Cal that Harris could guard a certain player.

 

I wouldn't mind seeing Hood come in, he can stroke once he gets settled down.

Then what are we paying him for?

 

 

Somebody has to get the players to Lexington.

Maybe we should pay him assistant coach salary...

 

 

Maybe you should be grateul for what you have, or have you forgotten the past 4 or 5 seasons already. :p

Maybe you should be grateul for what you have, or have you forgotten the past 4 or 5 seasons already. :p

 

I thought you sensed the sarcasm. Perhaps not?

I thought you sensed the sarcasm. Perhaps not?

 

 

Absolutely I sensed the sarcasm, but I couldn't play along all night. :lol:

To add...............he also said that when a player tells him that he wants the ball or can check a certain defender in a certain situation, the reason he likes it is that it's now "on" the player and all the onus goes from Cal to the player. So if a player tells Cal to put him in because he can knock down shots and goes in and shoots an airball, then it's alot easier to make that player a cheerleader from the bench.

To add...............he also said that when a player tells him that he wants the ball or can check a certain defender in a certain situation, the reason he likes it is that it's now "on" the player and all the onus goes from Cal to the player. So if a player tells Cal to put him in because he can knock down shots and goes in and shoots an airball, then it's alot easier to make that player a cheerleader from the bench.

 

I like it. Give player's ownership in the team. I'd say it also keeps them from making claims they can't back up since they know they'll have to prove it.

I wouldn't mind seeing Hood come in, he can stroke once he gets settled down.

 

I don't wanna see Hood in the game, his is very slow on D.

I don't wanna see Hood in the game, his is very slow on D.

 

Could he be much worse than Bledsoe's been lately?

Could he be much worse than Bledsoe's been lately?

 

You got a point.

I had hoped that Krebs or Hood would get an opportunity because this team needs a shooter. But at this point in the season, if you haven't sniffed the floor, you're not going to get in.

 

With that said, Krebs will get an opportunity to start on Senior night. Maybe he can pull a Josh Carrier & knock a few down.

Gotta give Krebs his due, saw him play as a freshman at Thomas More in front of probably 600 people at the old NKU gym now he has a chance to close out his career in front of 80,000 at the Final Four! He might be looked at as Kentucky's Rudy?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.