Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Louisvlle 78 UCONN 76

Featured Replies

Knowles with some huge shots the last 3 minutes.

 

That is our GRC boy.:ylsuper:

  • Replies 52
  • Views 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That is our GRC boy.:ylsuper:

 

Preston played a very good game.

Big win for the Cards. UConn was on a 7 game win streak. A win Tuesday puts them in the NCAA tourney. Every win after that improves seating.

 

I think they're in now, and every win improves their seed. Their RPI is now 32, SOS is gonna be top 5. Guranteed to finish above .500 in conference. That's enough on it's own IMO.:thumb:

They can certainly play well at times. Man, who knows what this team is going to do.

 

Very true, you never know what you're going to get with them. I just hope the best comes out of them long enough to make a decent run in the tourney. Personally, I really like this little team, and I'm still in the belief that they have one of the best coaches in the game.

:thumb:

 

Told my wife (who wasn't listening at the time) the same thing during the game. They make the game so exciting.

 

I had to explain "onions" to my mother in law today....awesome :lol:

 

ONIONS

Big win for Louisville's tournament hopes, but I have a question for those who think this gets Louisville in the tournament. Did you think that Louisville just needed another win on the road, or do you truly think that winning @ UCONN is a good win? If it's the latter, consider the following:

 

UCONN is 7-9 in the Big East.

UCONN has HOME Losses to Pittsburgh (understandable), Marquette, Cincinnati and now Louisville.

 

They do have one good home win over Texas (who is reeling) & another solid win over WVU.

 

Unfortunately for UK & UL fans, UCONN is not a tournament team. They are 17-12 and 7-9 in conference play. Their only "Good wins" out of conference are against Harvard & Texas. They won @ Nova & beat WVU @ home, but Nova has lost 3 out of their last 4.

 

I think Louisville makes the tournament, but I don't think that this is the statement win that some are making it out to be. I think that, even if UCONN beat UL, they would still be out of the tourney.

 

Regardless, any win on the road in conference is big, particularly when you're on the bubble.

FWIW, I love Gus Johnson & Bill Raftery. The best duo in the business, IMO.

CC, this is one of those wins that actually don't look very good on paper, but will resonate in the minds of those that paid attention to it. You see, IMO, UConn has been playing very well in the last 2-3 weeks, extremely well in fact. This was a very good win for the Cards. One that makes the fans feel good, and keeps the heat off the team. It's also one, that had they lost, would've been a horrible fact to deal with. That's what makes it a huge win.

CC, this is one of those wins that actually don't look very good on paper, but will resonate in the minds of those that paid attention to it. You see, IMO, UConn has been playing very well in the last 2-3 weeks, extremely well in fact. This was a very good win for the Cards. One that makes the fans feel good, and keeps the heat off the team. It's also one, that had they lost, would've been a horrible fact to deal with. That's what makes it a huge win.

 

I could buy that. :thumb:

 

IMO, it was more of a "must win" than a "good win." And at the end of the day, I suppose they're the same things.

CC, this is one of those wins that actually don't look very good on paper, but will resonate in the minds of those that paid attention to it. You see, IMO, UConn has been playing very well in the last 2-3 weeks, extremely well in fact. This was a very good win for the Cards. One that makes the fans feel good, and keeps the heat off the team. It's also one, that had they lost, would've been a horrible fact to deal with. That's what makes it a huge win.

 

FWIW, UCONN lost at home to Cincinnati two weeks ago. But, I'd agree that they have played much better recently. They competed well @ Syracuse, won @ Nova, destroyed Rutgers & beat West Virginia in that same time frame.

 

Which leads me back to my point from the "Big East Out Of Conference" Thread. :D

^ I can see the above argument, but at this point, I venture that the tourney will tell us who's best. There are questions all over the landscape of college basketball. I bet Vegas is even scratching their head right now. The Big East and the Big XII are supposed to be dominant, what if they lay an egg in the tourney, what if two teams from the Big 11 get hot, etc...? Man, this is crazy.

I'm glad the Cards won but their fans better not bring up Patrick Sparks travelling on that foul a few years back any more. I've ran Sosa's play back 3 times on the DVR and he walked big time. He picked up his dribble, took one big step then two short ones to split the defenders before putting up the shot. Still a big win for UL who has had several close calls go against them at the end of games this season.

I'm glad the Cards won but their fans better not bring up Patrick Sparks travelling on that foul a few years back any more. I've ran Sosa's play back 3 times on the DVR and he walked big time. He picked up his dribble, took one big step then two short ones to split the defenders before putting up the shot. Still a big win for UL who has had several close calls go against them at the end of games this season.

 

Give it a rest............

Give it a rest............

 

What do you mean give it a rest? I was on the road today and didn't see the game. I saw the highlights on Sportscenter and thought that he walked on the game winning shot. I ran it back 3 times and its clear that he took 3 steps after picking up his dribble. UK fans have had to listen to UL fans complaints about Sparks travelling before drawing the foul against UL for the winning free throws. I just thought it was funny that no one had mentioned the travel on Sosa's drive. I'd glad that UL won, they've been on the wrong end of some bad calls this year and they deserved this one--but they definately got the benefit of a blown call in this one.

Edited by AverageJoesGym

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.