Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky/Vanderbilt predictions

Who wins? 85 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

This game was a mismatch in Lexington and will be a mismatch in Vandy period.

  • Replies 81
  • Views 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Let me guess. You went SSC's route, and changed your mind after looking at the Vegas line. :lol::lol:

 

You do realize I was right correct? I had that game absoluetly pegged after seeing the spread. It was incredibly tight and if they call Wall for the goaltend MSU covers more than likely. If they don't self destruct they win outright. You can laugh all you want, but I follow the lines a lot and even though they lost that game the odds makers were begging people to take the Cats.

 

Now onto this game. I thought it would be a pick and Vany is -1. I think it will go off as a pick. I believe UK is better but who knows how this game will be called. It's hard for refs not to favor the home teams usually. I'll say UK wins by a basket b/c of talent and Vandy coming back on shorter rest w/ less time to prepare for the game.

 

One more note about the spread. It used to be said that it was a 3 point advantage for home so there should be a 6 point difference from Lexington to Nashville. That line of thinking is out the window now though. UK was -10.5/11 and now Vandy is -1. That's 12 points or 6 points for each court. It's consistent b/c of refs, but it never used to be like that.

This one has worried me since I first saw the schedule. Vandy by 7.

If you can't be Vandy, you can't beat Kansas. I say if UK shows up determined to win this one, they will walk away from Nashville with a "W."

If you can't be Vandy, you can't beat Kansas. I say if UK shows up determined to win this one, they will walk away from Nashville with a "W."

 

Tell that to Tennessee.

You know what? I just traveled to my other office and I thought, I better log on and see if LRCW put something about the line as a response!!! :lol:

 

I haven't seen the line yet, but as with you, doesn't let it affect my prediction one way or the other. I'm still scratching my head about that entire post.

 

For people that don't follow lines that's understandable. It would mean you don't understand the idea of a trap game. Vegas doesn't win all trap games, but they win more than they lose. The basic idea is they could have had closer to even money on UK -5.5, but they chose to put UK -3 and let more money be bet on UK.

For people that don't follow lines that's understandable. It would mean you don't understand the idea of a trap game. Vegas doesn't win all trap games, but they win more than they lose. The basic idea is they could have had closer to even money on UK -5.5, but they chose to put UK -3 and let more money be bet on UK.

 

I understand lines, i've gambled on games since my first year of college...1993. I just wouldn't change my mind or my prediction based on what anyone else says. If I think UK would win by 10 for example and Vegas has the line at 4.5 then I'll feel pretty good about putting money on that. Now, as a side note, I NEVER bet on UK (except with my UT friends...20 bucks a game) but never REAL money. I'll wager anywhere from 300 to 500 a week on college sports and have for years. I totally understand the lines, just as I said, I don't base my predictions on their line. And for what its worth, I bet basketball much less than I do football.

I understand lines, i've gambled on games since my first year of college...1993. I just wouldn't change my mind or my prediction based on what anyone else says. If I think UK would win by 10 for example and Vegas has the line at 4.5 then I'll feel pretty good about putting money on that. Now, as a side note, I NEVER bet on UK (except with my UT friends...20 bucks a game) but never REAL money. I'll wager anywhere from 300 to 500 a week on college sports and have for years. I totally understand the lines, just as I said, I don't base my predictions on their line. And for what its worth, I bet basketball much less than I do football.

 

Well I've learned that they are better at predicting outcomes than me. Therefore if I think they are going to win by 10 and the line IMO should be 6 but it's 3 I think they will be closer than me. I really thought last weeks would be 5-6. If it's 3 points off what I think it will be I go the other way and it has worked much better for me. There are exceptions though.

  • Author
You do realize I was right correct? I had that game absoluetly pegged after seeing the spread. It was incredibly tight and if they call Wall for the goaltend MSU covers more than likely. If they don't self destruct they win outright. You can laugh all you want, but I follow the lines a lot and even though they lost that game the odds makers were begging people to take the Cats.

 

Now onto this game. I thought it would be a pick and Vany is -1. I think it will go off as a pick. I believe UK is better but who knows how this game will be called. It's hard for refs not to favor the home teams usually. I'll say UK wins by a basket b/c of talent and Vandy coming back on shorter rest w/ less time to prepare for the game.

 

One more note about the spread. It used to be said that it was a 3 point advantage for home so there should be a 6 point difference from Lexington to Nashville. That line of thinking is out the window now though. UK was -10.5/11 and now Vandy is -1. That's 12 points or 6 points for each court. It's consistent b/c of refs, but it never used to be like that.

 

 

 

You were right? :lol::lol: All I know is that you originally said UK would blow them out, and scoffed at my prediction that Miss State would win by 8. You obviously can't make a prediction on your own, but have to have a bunch of bookies do your thinking for you. The Vegas oddsmakes set their line not knowing that Miss States leading scorer wasn't going to play. If he had played my prediction of Miss State by 8 very well could have come to pass. All I see from you now is throwing out more Vegas odds. Come on man up, and quit letting other people think for you.

You were right? :lol::lol: All I know is that you originally said UK would blow them out, and scoffed at my prediction that Miss State would win by 8. You obviously can't make a prediction on your own, but have to have a bunch of bookies do your thinking for you. The Vegas oddsmakes set their line not knowing that Miss States leading scorer wasn't going to play. If he had played my prediction of Miss State by 8 very well could have come to pass. All I see from you now is throwing out more Vegas odds. Come on man up, and quit letting other people think for you.

 

I think they knew he wouldn't play. TBK was reporting it at noon that day. They had plenty of time to adjust the line. I'm not saying they read TBK, but if they knew it so did the odds makers. They're not bookies by the way. I'd rather look at the line and make a prediction based on experts rather than pick Rider to beat UK and pick against them every road game against a decent team. Sometimes what I think changes based on what the expersts think. Is that a bad idea?

 

Oh and if you're so good at your own predictions I'll take UK +10 today and make a friendly wager w/ you....Come on man up, back up your prediction w/ some confidence.

  • Author
I think they knew he wouldn't play. TBK was reporting it at noon that day. They had plenty of time to adjust the line. I'm not saying they read TBK, but if they knew it so did the odds makers. They're not bookies by the way. I'd rather look at the line and make a prediction based on experts rather than pick Rider to beat UK and pick against them every road game against a decent team. Sometimes what I think changes based on what the expersts think. Is that a bad idea?

 

 

Hey you obviously do a lot of gambling, I'm not a gambler. My thoughts on a game are just that, my thoughts, and not somebody else's thoughts. Have my predictions been wrong? Sure, plenty of times, but the only thing I've ever bet on them was an avatar. I'm not saying your idea is a bad idea, I just understand the idea of not thinking for yourself.

It's nothing new, its on the schedule every year

This one has worried me since I first saw the schedule. Vandy by 7.
Hey you obviously do a lot of gambling, I'm not a gambler. My thoughts on a game are just that, my thoughts, and not somebody else's thoughts. Have my predictions been wrong? Sure, plenty of times, but the only thing I've ever bet on them was an avatar. I'm not saying your idea is a bad idea, I just understand the idea of not thinking for yourself.

 

There's a difference in thinking for yourslef like you do which by the way has been wrong every time they played a good team on the road, Rider, and even home last time against Vandy unless you predicted South Carolina to beat them. My initial thought was UK would beat Miss St by 8-10. When the line came out as a sucker line I changed my mind. I don't think it's a bad idea to keep an eye on the experts thoughts. For this game they have no idea who's going to win and they'll probably be close to even money.

 

I'll make an avatar bet w/ you today and take UK +9.5 if you think Vandy wins by 13 you have 4 points to work w/.

  • Author
There's a difference in thinking for yourslef like you do which by the way has been wrong every time they played a good team on the road, Rider, and even home last time against Vandy unless you predicted South Carolina to beat them. My initial thought was UK would beat Miss St by 8-10. When the line came out as a sucker line I changed my mind. I don't think it's a bad idea to keep an eye on the experts thoughts. For this game they have no idea who's going to win and they'll probably be close to even money.

 

I'll make an avatar bet w/ you today and take UK +9.5 if you think Vandy wins by 13 you have 4 points to work w/.

 

 

The Cats have only played two decent teams on the road. I don't do point spreads. It will be straight up or nothing.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.