Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Best Performances When Less Than 100%

Featured Replies

I expect Dwight Freeney to play tomorrow in the Super Bowl. If he can be a factor, it will be pretty amazing with torn ligaments in his ankle. Here are my top 5 most memorable performances when an athlete is less than 100%.

 

5. Michael Jordan with 103 temp beating Utah in NBA Finals

4. Kellen Winslow coming on and off the field in the playoffs against Miami

3. Byron Leftwich having to be carried down the field by his team mates

2. Keri Shrug nailing the jump in the Olympics to seal the gold

1. Kirk Gibson HR in 1988 World Series to beat Oakland

You bring up five very good sports moments. For the sake of conversation I will add...

 

Terrell Owens performance in the Super Bowl when he was with the Eagles, coming off the broken leg.

  • Author
You bring up five very good sports moments. For the sake of conversation I will add...

 

Terrell Owens performance in the Super Bowl when he was with the Eagles, coming off the broken leg.

No lie, that was going to be my honorable mention.

Plaxico catching the game winning catch against the Pats in 07 on two bad legs.

I will add Willis Reed hobbling onto the court at the start of Game 7 of the 1970 NBA finals. While he didn't put up big numbers (2-2 on field goal attempts), the concensus is that he willed the Knicks to the title just by showing up.

  • Author
I will add Willis Reed hobbling onto the court at the start of Game 7 of the 1970 NBA finals. While he didn't put up big numbers (2-2 on field goal attempts), the concensus is that he willed the Knicks to the title just by showing up.

That's way back. You may have to get a new screen name "McGrandPapa". ha

  • Author
Curt Schilling with his bloody sock, Boston Red Sox.

Excellent choice. He just bumped Michael off my list. The dude just had a cold!

McGee had with injuries and circumstances, had a horrible year. The night before the superbowl, knowing he would be used little, broke curfew and proceeded to party til dawn. The next morning, he told starting receiver Boyd Dowler, "I hope you don't get hurt. I'm not in very good shape," alluding to his hangover. [2] Dowler went down with a separated shoulder on the Packers' second drive of the game, and McGee, who had to borrow a teammate's helmet because he had not brought his own out of the locker room, was put into the game. By the end of the game, McGee had recorded seven receptions for 138 yards and two touchdowns, assisting Green Bay to a 35-10 victory.

Plaxico catching the game winning catch against the Pats in 07 on two bad legs.

 

Does it count if the wounds are self-inflicted?

  • Author
Does it count if the wounds are self-inflicted?

Now that's funny.

Does it count if the wounds are self-inflicted?

 

I realize you are making a joke regarding him shooting himself...

 

But Plax didn't practice all year long because of bad injuries. The year he had with those injuries was amazing. Especially his game vs. Green Bay in the NFC Championship.

 

I'd say it was more impressive, what he did vs Woodson and Harris in the NFC title game in freezing temperatures than what he did in the super bowl.

 

I should have mentioned that performance instead of the one in the super bowl.

That's way back. You may have to get a new screen name "McGrandPapa". ha

 

I'm so old that when I went to school, they didn't have history. It was called current events.:D

Jack Youngblood played in the Super Bowl with a broken leg. I think he also played the NFC Championship game with the same injury.

Luciano Pavarotti's last staged opera performance at the Met in New York as Mario Cavaradossi in Puccini's Tosca in March 2004 when he was very ill .

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.