Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Best Performances When Less Than 100%

Featured Replies

  • Author

I guess I have to add Lou Gehrig batted .295 with ALS in 1938. He also hit 29 HR's and had 114 RBI's. He was out of baseball in 1939 and he died two years later.

I expect Dwight Freeney to play tomorrow in the Super Bowl. If he can be a factor, it will be pretty amazing with torn ligaments in his ankle. Here are my top 5 most memorable performances when an athlete is less than 100%.

 

5. Michael Jordan with 103 temp beating Utah in NBA Finals

4. Kellen Winslow coming on and off the field in the playoffs against Miami

3. Byron Leftwich having to be carried down the field by his team mates

2. Keri Shrug nailing the jump in the Olympics to seal the gold

1. Kirk Gibson HR in 1988 World Series to beat Oakland

 

 

Remember just because it says torn does not mean torn in half. It is probably a partial tear because that is what determines the grade of a sprain. No doubt that it is painful but my guess is that he will not be able to feel any pain in his ankle.

 

I do look forward to see how well he performs.

I'm so old that when I went to school, they didn't have history. It was called current events.:D

 

 

 

 

:notworthy:

I will add Willis Reed hobbling onto the court at the start of Game 7 of the 1970 NBA finals. While he didn't put up big numbers (2-2 on field goal attempts), the concensus is that he willed the Knicks to the title just by showing up.

 

:thumb:

 

I was coming to this thread to mention that one.

How about the story about one of his linemen shoving a bunch of mud and grass up into Johnny U's lip because he was disgusted from looking at the inside of the QB's jaw.

I expect Dwight Freeney to play tomorrow in the Super Bowl. If he can be a factor, it will be pretty amazing with torn ligaments in his ankle. Here are my top 5 most memorable performances when an athlete is less than 100%.

 

5. Michael Jordan with 103 temp beating Utah in NBA Finals

4. Kellen Winslow coming on and off the field in the playoffs against Miami

3. Byron Leftwich having to be carried down the field by his team mates

2. Keri Shrug nailing the jump in the Olympics to seal the gold

1. Kirk Gibson HR in 1988 World Series to beat Oakland

 

Solid list

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.